|Seria says: "Nothing should be as mysterious as I am!"
Some info is missing, please help to provide it if you can.
|Imperial City's Chief Guard
|Ghent, north-west exit
Zeldine Schneider is Ghent's senior Chief Guard, commanding what is left of the imperial army in the battle against the Kartels.
Her brother senselessly murdered by Kartel Agents, Zeldine joined the Imperial Princess Garden with one unwavering goal: to avenge his death. Overwhelmed with grief, and misled by her own demons, Zeldine fought with desperate abandon; and in her recklessness, lost her arm in battle. In that fateful battle, she lost more than her physical arm: Zeldine lost the hatred that darkened her blood, and calloused her heart. Her arm was later replaced with a Hand Cannon, and she dedicated herself to the Imperial Princess Garden, quickly gaining rank and respect from the other soldiers. Charged with the City’s protection, Zeldine devoted herself to strengthening Empyrean’s soldiers and defense posts. But when the City of God fell, she became overwhelmed with guilt, and began to shoulder the fall of Ghent and Empyrean on her own.
- Quest giver.
- I should ready my soldiers.
- Oh, patriots of old, lend me your strength.
- For my brother, I must never yield.
- The Kartels will never be able to restore my arm.
- Hello, and welcome.
- We're at a crossroads.
- Please - we need your help.
- Will you help me?
- When the Imperial Princess returns safely and everything else settles down, I want to take a vacation. I've always wanted to spend some time at the beach, reading books and sunbathing... Never mind. As a soldier, I shouldn't have such thoughts. It's a sign of weakness.
- Are you worried about my wounds? Please don't; they're nothing compared to the pain that our people are suffering. Please take care of them and the families of our fallen soldiers. I can take care of myself.
- Have you met that old geezer Varracht? He's quite a celebrity also known as the Sandstorm. That ex-Kartel has been here for awhile. You can talk to him, but you shouldn't believe everything he says. If things weren't so bad, I would've been happy to have him rotting in a prison cell.
Request Chat (Upon the completion of Save Jackter the Eagle Eye)
- Oh right, I heard Varracht helped you save Her Highness. I'm not suprised. I kind of knew he would, even though I wish he didn't. I wonder what he thought when all this happened. I'm ashamed that I treated him like the Kartels.
- I think the Nobility has figured out where Her Highness is, but they're not worried about her for now. They have bigger fish to fry, and right now they're focus is on shutting up those who support the Commander-in-chief. Despite the general resentment toward the Lawless District and its residents, many people still support the Commander-in-chief. Some of them are willing to sacrifice themselves for him. The Nobility may have him in prison for now, but it'd better not mistreat him if they know what's good for them. And if worse comes to worst, I'll do something before anyone else.
- Adventurer, I'm glad that you're safe. I'm okay, as you can see. Marlene is doing her best to put up with the insults, for Her Highness. How is Her High--no don't tell me. There are eyes on me, even as we speak. It's better I don't know, even though not knowing is the hardest part of this. I can't talk to you for long, but let me say that you can count on me. I'm not the same rookie commander when we first met. See you later.
- There's still hope!
- You are our last hope.
- I would choose an honorable death over a shameful defeat.
- We're counting on you!
- Her entire name is of German origins, as Zeldine comes from an eastern Ashkenazic matronymic surname derived from the combination of the Yiddish female personal name Zelde which means "fortunate", "blessed", or "happiness" alongside using "-in" as a family name affix.
- The surname Schneider and is quite a common surname meaning tailor or cutter, from the verb schneiden "to cut".