|Alternate Names||Battle Mage|
Japanese: バトルメイジ (Batoru Meiji, lit. Battle Mage)
Chinese: 魔鬥士 (Taiwan), 战斗法师 (China)
|Specialized Weapon||Pole, Spear|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Magic Skills: Percent Damage (Can convert her skills into magical damage via Magical Change). |
Physical Skills: Percent Damage
Subclass Difficulty: Expert
|Inflict Element?|| Water Element |
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Slow (Status) |
Japanese: ベラトリックス (Beratorikkusu, lit. Bellatrix)
Chinese: N/A (Taiwan), 贝亚娜斗神 (China)
|“||Magicians these days are full of only theories. To survive in this rough world, magic for the purpose of fighting is what's needed.||”|
The Battle Mage is a Mage who prefers the full-contact satisfaction of combat and attacks with close-range weapons and spells. However, being of diminutive stature, her magical powers manifest as Chasers, magical spheres infused with various elemental properties that serve as a powerful buffer between her and the relentless barrage of enemy attacks. The Battle Mage is fast, possesses superhuman fighting skills and is the only Mage with weapon mastery skills.
- At level 50, the Battle Mage awakens as the Bellatrix. At level 75, the Bellatrix awakens as an Astarte.
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a set of gauntlets.
- Her 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect endows her gauntlets with a blue glow.
Becoming a Battle Mage
The Mage must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Bellatrix
A long time ago, far earlier than when Pandemonium separated from the planet Terra, in a distant mythological period, it is said that the ancestors of Terra had quite a different appearance. These ancestors, who possessed physical abilities quite different from the people of Pandemonium today, used an unknown mysterious power. The most experienced amongst these practitioners were said to emit a golden ray from their bodies.
Due to their physical appearance, they were called Teana, based on the goddess of light and justice found in ancient mythological writings. Some Pandemonians dismiss the Teana to be a made up fairy tale, for the likes of children and madmen… however there are still those who maintain that one does indeed exist, and has been seen walking among us in reality. The first witness account occurred one year following the conflict between the Guardians, which was responsible for the creation of the first Battle Mage, and the Kashipa.
The fabled Teana is known to call herself Bellatrix.
As suggested in myths, this being emanates a golden ray and has incredible powers that she uses to help the weak and punish the wicked. With the discovery of this new entity, Battle Mages in Arad began to study her power, and discover the focal point of her strength: the Chaser. They began to understand the power of the Chaser, and realize how it can be better utilized to harness a more ultimate power. An occult belief began to spread, a belief that one who discovers the ultimate truth will harness the power of Teana and become as powerful as Bellatrix.
Will they become as powerful as the golden goddess of myth? The Battle Mages in Arad have become filled with anticipation…
“With this power... I will return peace to Pandemonium!”
- Niu the Chaser to Pi, her companion.
The Battle Mage must first reach level 50.
2nd Awakening as an Astarte
The Golden light rises from below. What is the Sage's wisdom? What are death Chasers? What is Teana?
A forgotten legend... let us reveal the secret history that was not even recorded in the Genesis.
During the era of the legend where magic was yet to be discovered, ancient science created 12 "Teanas". Teanas glowed in gold and contained brilliant poewr within their bodies. All people of the Terra worshiped them and wanted to become like them. Hence, scientists focused on research.
"Can Humans become like Teanas?"
"What if we inserted the mysterious power that created Teanas to humans?"
It didn't seem impossible. However, the power that created Teanas could no longer be found. With no other choice, they resorted to the best alternative. A weaker power in the universe called "Elements." The elements themselves did not contain much power but if condensed together, they can create such immense power that it rivals the power of the mysterious power. Believing this, they continued to research.
The results were successful. They succeeded in creating a power equal to the mysterious power and inserted into the bodies of humans. And those inserted with the power of elements had the golden aura and powerful strength just like the Teanas. However, due to not understanding the nature of the elements, they could not stop the power from destroying their bodies.
This is the secret of Teana. The origin of Chasers and the discovery of elements. Why did I mention such a boring story from the past? Because the power more condensed than chasers, and the power that created ancient Teanas reappeared. Many say that the power appeared due to the recent series of transference that occurred in Arad, but nobody knows if this is true. But really, it isn't important where the power came from. What matters is that it is here, in front of us. My body shivers. The evil that seeps out from this power is terrifying. But the excitement neutralizes the fear. Can I claim this great power as my own? Whether I fail or succeed doesn't matter anymore. It is because I know that I was born for this challenge.
-A Female Warrior named Bellatrix
The Bellatrix must reach first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Battle Mage Skills
Battle Mage TP Skills
Battle Mage Awakening Skills
Battle Mage 2nd Awakening Skills
Female Mage Skills
Female Mage TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Togglable Skills
Battle Mage Basics
When a Mage becomes a Battle Mage, she gains more aptitude for melee combat with the skill Niu's Combat Technique. She adopts an entirely different string of attacks based on various skills:
- The first attack resembles Dragon Fang.
- The second attack is a side uppercut that brings the mage forward.
- The third and final attack in the sequence is the same motion as Full Swing. This has a large range and easily hits multiple enemies.
- Jump power is lowered so she will not jump as high. However, jump speed is increased.
- When a Battle Mage misses with a dash attack, she will no longer fall down.
- Battle Mages have more defense compared to other Female Mage jobs because of their Battle Mage Leather Armor Mastery and Mana Shield.
- Battle Mages use balls of magic energy called chasers to complement their physical attacks. Aside from granting buffs when summoned, chasers can also be fired at enemies.
- Battle Mages will have to be aware of the play style difference between partying and soloing. Constantly moving and juggling enemies may not be the best idea in every party situation.
A key part of Battle Mage play, they appear as a glowing orb that follow behind the mage.
- They are created upon successful completion of a specific attack, and each one has unique properties.
- Pressing the automatically gained skill Chaser Launcher will launch the Chaser at the last enemy hit, no matter where that enemy is.
- The chasers launch from oldest chaser made, to newest. You cannot choose which Chaser is launched.
- Chasers behave like a small bomb.
- Bigger Chasers have greater damage and wider splash
- Chasers gets bigger with larger combos
- At a 50 combo or higher, a Medium Chaser is generated.
- At a 100 combo or higher, a Large Chaser is generated.
- Come 2nd Awakening the Battle Mage can use Chaser Evolution which fixes chasers to be a single element and have them give all prior chaser bonuses at once while turning them into single target attacks.
- [Battle Mage Trailer] [Battle Mage English Trailer] [Battle Mage Gameplay]
- [Astarte Trailer] [Astarte English Trailer] [Astarte Gameplay]
- The weapon that the Battle Mage has in the above image is called the Demon Trooper spear, the Chronicle 1 spear.
- Astarte is the Hellenized name of Ishtar, a goddess who was present in several Middle Eastern and northern African religions during Ancient times.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|