Welcome to the DFO World Wiki. With many major updates since the release of DFO, many items are missing. Visit Item Database Project to learn more.
Please remember to click "show preview" before saving the page.
Thanks for the updated logo snafuPop!
Japanese: レンジャー (Renjā, lit. Ranger)
Chinese: 漫游枪手 (lit. Wandering Gunner)
|Base Job||Male Gunner|
|Job NPC||Lady Kiri|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: None |
|Alternate Names||Korean: 데스페라도|
Japanese: デスペラード(Desuparādo, lit. Desperado)
Chinese: 枪神 (lit. Gun God)
|Alternate Names||Korean: 레이븐|
Chinese: 掠天之翼 (Lüetianzhiyi, lit. The wing that pillages the sky)
|Alternate Names||진(眞) 남레인저|
|“||The difference between life and death is a split second. So the difference between me and you? I'm alive.||”|
The rugged outlaws of the Lawless District. Exposed to danger all the time, they have developed various skills to draw their guns and shoot their enemies quickly, no matter the situation. Some of them also have learned fist-fighting skills in case they cannot use their guns. These special Gunners are called the Rangers.
Both Vilmots and Jericho Crawford, the leaders of the two forces that fought the First Arden Battle, were Rangers. So are Hulk and Cohen in Empyrean's Coast Guard.
The Ranger is a true killing machine, leaving piles of bodies in his bloody path. Trusted revolver in hand, the Ranger has the fastest shooting speed of any of the Gunner subclasses. Also, more than any other kind of Gunner, he engages in melee combat as well as distance attacks.
- At level 50, the Ranger awakens as the Desperado. At level 75, the Desperado awakens as the Raven.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a cigarette in his mouth.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is black feathers that fall from his body while idle.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has the Ranger make a pose as black spikes and feathers appear around him.
- 1 Becoming a Ranger
- 2 Awakening as a Desperado
- 3 Awakening as a Raven
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Ranger
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Ranger
The Gunner must first reach level 15.
- Complete the quest Fighting to Protect the Forest from the Grand Flores Epic Quest line.
Awakening as a Desperado
Some say that nothing is ever promised tomorrow. Well, my friend, from now on, all promises end today.
As a Desperado in the Lawless District, you better not turn up anywhere empty-handed. You are only known by your gun - the only ID that ever matters.
Life is cheap and bodies pile high. We dance with the devil in the day, guns a blazing, and shoot tequila at night, just hoping we live long enough to see the next sunrise.
For us, this is life.
You live by the gun, you die by the gun. Those who oppose this law are judged by it... and the only sentence is death.
Soon you'll find that the only thing that survives is respect.
The Ranger must first reach level 50.
- Complete the quest Unending Foreboding from the North Myre Epic Quest line.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Ranger must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Kiri in Hendon Myre.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Raven
Regret is always bitter, and always comes slowly.
It was fun. Days surrounded by gunshots and smokes were free and exciting.
A life waged on a bullet was lighter than a feather,
and which way the scale of life and death tipped was not a concern of mine.
Why didn't I know that such meaningless death could be so cruel?
Why didn't I know everything would end up horrible, like this?
All that remained after losing my friend was hatred.
I cannot forgive myself for thinking that a life of luxury
and freedom, of being an outlaw, was
the only life worth living.
But I cannot put down my gun yet.
If I don't do anything against the very thing that took my friend away, the rest of my life would be worse than hell itself.
Friend, do not forgive me. I, too, will not forgive myself for living my life as an outlaw.
And please watch me. Like the raven that flies in the sky, I will take away everything from the outlaws.
– While burying his friend, a man who lived as a Desperado.
The Desperado must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Ranger
“Always be alert of your surroundings, and you must be able to hit the target in any position.”
The old man took in a deep breath with a cigar in his mouth.
And with a hissing sound grayish smoke flowed out of his mouth.
“That is a ranger. It’s a saying passed down since the old ones like us.”
The old man tapped the cigar.
“But let’s take a deeper look at it.
The reason that we had to practice such acrobatic gunmanship. The starting point.”
To give the young man a moment to think she merely stared at him, then spoke again as though he knew this would’ve happened.
“You can never know what could happen at the lawless district.
You gotta keep your senses sharp, always ready for battle.
And the tension reaches its pinnacle when a battle finally begins.
In this tense state, have you felt the sensation of a bullet passing by your head?”
The young man nodded with his lips shut tight.
“People who gain superhuman abilities at moments of crisis. What I am saying is not different.
When your senses sharpen to their limit, it almost feels like everything else slows down.
But they are the same. You are just using a superhuman ability at that moment.”
The old man smiled as he saw the younger days of himself in the eyes of the young man.
His eyes were shining as they’d found a clue.
“Sometimes when facing those at this level feels like facing someone with the power to see the future.
And so some call it the ‘prevision’. If you could use it freely… what do you think?”
After finishing what he was saying the old man put his fedora on his head.
“It’s all nonsense. Everyone’s experienced it but no one’s actually captured its form.
But maybe you can.”
He tapped the young man’s shoulders, almost saying there’s no need for farewells.
“I hope you’ve found your answer.”
The young man looked at his back as he walked towards the sunset.
A fitting scenery for the legend of the lawless district.
The Raven must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Sudden Death: reduced to 30SP
- Marksmanship: reduced to 45SP
- Seventh Flow: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Scud Genocide.
With Scroll of Enlightenment learns the skill Clues to Awakening and can reinforce either Scud Genocide or Seventh Flow.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Male Ranger Skills
Male Ranger TP Skills
Male Ranger Awakening Skills
Male Ranger 2nd Awakening Skills
Male Ranger Neo: Awakening Skills
Male Ranger Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Gunner Skills
Male Gunner Albert Quest Skills
Male Gunner TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Male Ranger Trailer] [Male Ranger English Trailer] [Male Ranger Gameplay]
- [Raven Trailer] [Raven English Trailer] [Raven Gameplay]
- The Male Ranger's theme is heavily influenced by Wild West folklore, with his motif being a Gunfighter that specializies in using Revolvers during combat.
- His playstyle during in-game is based on Gun-Kata, Dante's Gunslinger Style from the Devil May Cry series, and The Equilibrium 2002 movie.
- The Awakened Ones the Second Weapon Avatar is called Nevermore, which references Edgar Allan Poe's poem that features a talking Raven who often repeats that word.
- Each of his Awakening Costumes are based on Old West Attire worn by Cowboys, Outlaws and Gunslingers from that era.
- In the Neo: Male Ranger's artwork, he is now seen with golden eyes due to his lore, and alongside the 95 passive Outstanding.
- A Ranger is usually an individual who's in a military/paramilitary or law enforcement role specializing in patrolling a given territory.
- A Desperado can refer to a a bandit of the western U.S. in the 19th century, it could also reference the 1995 movie of the same name influenced by it's main protagonist, El Mariachi.
- Ravens in terms of mythology and culture, generally depict the black bird as a symbol of bad luck or death.
- Mach Kick - Benimaru's Super Inazuma Kick.
- Punisher - Similar to Dante's Wild Stomp. (Devil May Cry)
- Wild Shot - Equilibrium's Light's Out scene.
- Triple Tap - Mozambique Drill, an actual close-quarters shooting technique.
- Death Hawk - Cobbs' Double Gunhawk.
- Multi Headshot - Dante's Twosome Time. (Devil May Cry)
- Scud Genocide - Pays homage to Dante's Rain Storm. (Devil May Cry)
- Wipeout - Guido Mista's My True Resolve Starts Here! (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle)
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|