|Alternate Names||Korean: 아수라 (Asula)|
Japanese: 阿修羅 (Ashura)
Chinese: 阿修罗 (Āxiūluō)
|Base Job||Male Slayer|
|Specialized Weapon||Katana (Recommended), Short Sword|
|Specialized Armor||Plate Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Fixed
Subclass Difficulty: Intermediate
|Inflict Element?|| Water Element |
Light Element (via Thunder God Energy)
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Freeze (Status), Burn (Status) Shock (Status) |
Korean: 대암흑천 (Daeamheugcheon)
Chinese: 大暗黒天 (Dàànhēitiān)
Korean: 인다라천 (Indalacheon)
Japanese: インドラ (Indora)
Chinese: 天帝 (tiāndì)
Korean: 진(眞) 아수라
|“||I see with my entire body...
...so no matter where you attack me, I will know you're coming.
The Slayer abandoned his own eyes in order to awaken the waves. Commissioned by the Shonan craftsmen, they were able to compensate these blind warriors by crafting the Plate Armor. By doing so, the blinded warrior's efficiently would be useless, as well as losing one of their five senses. The good side to this however, is that their armor helps detect the flow of enemies surrounding him, easily able to identify the enemy. G.S.D. where he rests in the Hendon Myre Alley, is able to transfer this great flow of energy to emit powerful waves. The only thing to sew the Asura on the battlefield is showing the path to go forward.
They will leave no regrets to lose their sight from their selected route, which shall show them a determined will down the road.
The Asura is a Slayer who strikes a chilling bargain with the demon Kazan and sacrifices his eyes to attain great power. Though blind, the Asura can master magical attacks and defensive techniques, and sharpen skills that utilize waves and long-range weapons. A few of his most iconic skills are Ghost Orb, Spirit Crescent, and Agni Pentacle.
- At level 50, the Asura awakens as the Silent Eye. At level 75, the Silent Eye awakens as an Indra.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a blindfold over his eyes, identical to that worn by G.S.D.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is electricity surging from his torso, with glowing blue ancient writing on his left arm.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has him enter into a stance and forms a sword of arcing blue lightning in his left arm.
- 1 Becoming an Asura
- 2 Awakening as a Silent Eye
- 3 Awakening as an Indra
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Asura
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
Becoming an Asura
The Slayer must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Silent Eye
Let me read to you from the Book of Dark Visions, Chapter of Shadows. Within these lines you will know the epic of the Silent Eye.
“The earth quivers, yet my heart is filled with peace. Though my eyes have been cast into eternal darkness, I sense all things, seeing beyond the deception that the eyes can bring. Countless years of training in darkness has paved the way for a true kinship with the world of shadows.
I stand fast on the trembling earth, beneath the thick black skies. I reach stretch my senses out into my surroundings, and I feel the fear of those who surround me, their swords unsheathed and directed upon me. Beyond them I can sense my lost eyes. My eyes, embroidered into the dark boundless skies, have been there since the beginning. Yes, my precious Wave Eyes...keeping guardian watch over me. Their constant gaze will help me realize the power of waves.”
The Asura must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Asura must first reach level 50.
- Talk to G.S.D in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as an Indra
Slash the ghosts and challenge the gods.
Lightning splits the sky and the rage trembles across the land.
My blind eyes shall be in endless darkness.
But why does it emit such a bright light?
An energy that rises from the stalwart body splits the sky and each breath shakes the land.
The energy reaches a thousand miles,
and the wind spreads the sound of fear to the ends of the world.
— Wave Arcanum. Chapter of Thunder (Transcribed)
The Silent Eye must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Asura
The Indra must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Mind's Eye: reduced to 30SP
- Thunder God Energy: reduced to 45SP
- Thunder God: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Wave Eye.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Asura TP Skills
Asura Awakening Skills
Asura 2nd Awakening Skills
Asura Neo: Awakening Skills
Asura Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Slayer Skills
Male Slayer Albert Quest Skills
Male Slayer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Asura Trailer] [Asura English Trailer] [Asura Gameplay]
- [Indra Trailer] [Indra English Trailer] [Indra Gameplay]
- The Asura's theme and motif is borrowed from Hinduism & Buddhism. In folklore, Asuras themselves are a class of divine beings or power-seeking deities related to the more benevolent Devas.
- The Asura's lost of sight for power could be based on the Third eye or the fictional Swordsman, Zatoichi.
- The Wheel of Dharma that's seen on Asura's 2nd & Neo Awakening including some of his skill effects is a widespread symbol used in Indian religion.
- In the Indra's artwork, he is wielding a Vajra, which is a ritual weapon symbolizing the properties of a diamond & thunderbolt.
- The Neo: Asura's sprite looks oddly similar to Omnipotent Mateka, Anton's final boss.
- For his titles:
- In the Nexon-DFO localization, he was originally given Dark Knight as a Awakening title, considering that Mahākāla over in Korean is the name of a Hindu God of Destruction and one of Shiva's manifestations.
- Asura would later be given Silent Eye as a new First Awakening title in the Global version since a supplementary class now carries the name.
- Indra is King of the Gods in Svarga. His mythologies and powers are similar to other Indo-European deities such as Zeus.
- For his skills:
- Force Wave: Neutral - The way his sword is swung upwards is similar to Rasetsumaru's Fatal Cyclone Slash. (Samurai Shodown)
- Fire Wave Sword - Sol Badguy's Gun Flame. (Guilty Gear)
- Magma Wave Sword - Tyrant Rave. (Guilty Gear)
- Heavenly Vajra - Named after the ritual weapon Indra wields.
- Agni Pentacle - Derived from the Hindu God of Fire himself.
- Wave Sword: Indra Net - A metaphor of Mahayana Buddhism. It illustrates the interpenetration, inter-causality, and interbeing of all things.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|