Welcome to the DFO World Wiki. With many major updates since the release of DFO, many items are missing. Visit Item Database Project to learn more.
Please remember to click "show preview" before saving the page.
Thanks for the updated logo snafuPop!
|Alternate Names||Korean: 아수라 (Asula)|
Japanese: 阿修羅 (Ashura)
Chinese: 阿修罗 (Āxiūluō)
|Base Job||Male Slayer|
|Specialized Weapon||Katana (Recommended), Short Sword|
|Specialized Armor||Plate Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Fixed
|Inflict Element?|| Water Element |
Light Element (via Thunder God Energy)
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Freeze (Status), Burn (Status) Shock (Status) |
Korean: 대암흑천 (Daeamheugcheon)
Chinese: 大暗黒天 (Dàànhēitiān)
Korean: 인다라천 (Indalacheon)
Japanese: インドラ (Indora)
Chinese: 天帝 (tiāndì)
Korean: 진(眞) 아수라
|“||I see with my entire body...
...so no matter where you attack me, I will know you're coming.
The Slayer abandoned his own eyes in order to awaken the waves. Commissioned by the Shonan craftsmen, they were able to compensate these blind warriors by crafting the Plate Armor. By doing so, the blinded warrior's efficiently would be useless, as well as losing one of their five senses. The good side to this however, is that their armor helps detect the flow of enemies surrounding him, easily able to identify the enemy. G.S.D. where he rests in the Hendon Myre Alley, is able to transfer this great flow of energy to emit powerful waves. The only thing to sew the Asura on the battlefield is showing the path to go forward.
They will leave no regrets to lose their sight from their selected route, which shall show them a determined will down the road.
The Asura is a Slayer who strikes a chilling bargain with the demon Kazan and sacrifices his eyes to attain great power. Though blind, the Asura can master magical attacks and defensive techniques, and sharpen skills that utilize waves and long-range weapons. A few of his most iconic skills are Ghost Orb, Spirit Crescent, and Agni Pentacle.
- At level 50, the Asura awakens as the Silent Eye. At level 75, the Silent Eye awakens as an Indra.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a blindfold over his eyes, identical to that worn by G.S.D.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is electricity surging from his torso, with glowing blue ancient writing on his left arm.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has him enter into a stance and forms a sword of arcing blue lightning in his left arm.
- 1 Becoming an Asura
- 2 Awakening as a Silent Eye
- 3 Awakening as an Indra
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Asura
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming an Asura
The Slayer must choose the Asura advancement upon character creation.
Alternatively, if the player is still in it's base class:
The Slayer must click the Advance button on the skill window.
Awakening as a Silent Eye
Let me read to you from the Book of Dark Visions, Chapter of Shadows. Within these lines you will know the epic of the Silent Eye.
“The earth quivers, yet my heart is filled with peace. Though my eyes have been cast into eternal darkness, I sense all things, seeing beyond the deception that the eyes can bring. Countless years of training in darkness has paved the way for a true kinship with the world of shadows.
I stand fast on the trembling earth, beneath the thick black skies. I reach stretch my senses out into my surroundings, and I feel the fear of those who surround me, their swords unsheathed and directed upon me. Beyond them I can sense my lost eyes. My eyes, embroidered into the dark boundless skies, have been there since the beginning. Yes, my precious Wave Eyes...keeping guardian watch over me. Their constant gaze will help me realize the power of waves.”
The Asura must first reach level 50.
- Complete the quest Unending Foreboding from the North Myre Epic Quest line.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Asura must first reach level 50.
- Talk to G.S.D in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as an Indra
Slash the ghosts and challenge the gods.
Lightning splits the sky and the rage trembles across the land.
My blind eyes shall be in endless darkness.
But why does it emit such a bright light?
An energy that rises from the stalwart body splits the sky and each breath shakes the land.
The energy reaches a thousand miles,
and the wind spreads the sound of fear to the ends of the world.
— Wave Arcanum. Chapter of Thunder (Transcribed)
The Silent Eye must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Asura
You who have been enlightened with the mind’s eye in the wave of darkness.
You who brought forth the thunder god with the wave of lightning.
You are now worthy,
Open your true eyes.
And so will you awaken the wave vision,
You will see the flow of waves in all things.
You will see what you wish to see
You will feel what you wish to feel.
Nothing will be unrealized
See through the nature of all things you see.
And so wherever the wave flows,
So shall your powers reach.
It is worthy of being called an authority.
-From the last chapter of Wave Arcanum
The Indra must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Mind's Eye: reduced to 30SP
- Thunder God Energy: reduced to 45SP
- Thunder God: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Wave Eye.
With Scroll of Enlightenment learns the skill Clues to Awakening and can reinforce either Wave Eye or Thunder God.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Asura TP Skills
Asura Awakening Skills
Asura 2nd Awakening Skills
Asura Neo: Awakening Skills
Asura Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Slayer Skills
Male Slayer Albert Quest Skills
Male Slayer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Asura Trailer] [Asura English Trailer] [Asura Gameplay]
- [Indra Trailer] [Indra English Trailer] [Indra Gameplay]
- The Asura's theme is heavily influenced by both Hinduism & Buddhism.
- His loss of sight for power is based on the Third eye which symbolizes a state of enlightenment.
- The Wheel of Dharma that's seen on Asura's 2nd & Neo: Awakening artwork, including some of his skill effects is a widespread symbol used in Indian religion.
- In the Indra's artwork, he is wielding a Vajra, which is a ritual weapon symbolizing the properties of a diamond & thunderbolt.
- An Asura are depicted as a race of power-seeking demigods related to the more benevolent Devas.
- Mahākāla, his Korean First Awakening title is the name of a Hindu God of Destruction and one of Shiva's fierce manifestations.
- Daikokuten over in Japan while originating from the wrathful deity, is seen as a more jovial, beneficent God that represents wealth and fortune.
- Since the former Nexon-DFO localization has often avoided using names related to deities for Awakenings at the time, they originally gave him Dark Knight for his title. However in Global, a supplementary class now carries that title over instead.
- He would later be given Silent Eye for his new Global First Awakening as a homage to the fictional blind Swordsman, Zatoichi.
- Indra is King of the Gods in Svarga. His mythologies and lighting-based powers are similar to other Indo-European deities such as Zeus.
- The symbols above his head during Wave Manifestation Brand features Sanskrit, a known Indian language.
- Force Wave: Neutral - The way his sword is swung upwards is similar to Rasetsumaru's Fatal Cyclone Slash. (Samurai Shodown)
- Fire Wave Sword - Sol Badguy's Gun Flame. (Guilty Gear)
- Prior to the skill's effects being changed, Magma Wave Sword nearly resembled Sol Badguy's Tyrant Rave. (Guilty Gear)
- Heavenly Vajra - Named after the ritual weapon Indra wields.
- Agni Pentacle - Derived from the Hindu God of Fire himself.
- Wave Sword: Indra Net - A metaphor of Mahayana Buddhism. It illustrates the interpenetration, inter-causality, and interbeing of all things.
- Thunder God - The spirit's that's summoned during his 2nd Awakening resembles a Xiezhi or known as a Haitai in East Asian Mythology.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|