Japanese: インファイター (Infaitā, lit. Infighter)
Chinese: 蓝拳圣使 (lit. Blue Gloves Saint Messenger)
|Base Job||Male Priest|
|Specialized Armor||Light Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Expert
|Inflict Status Effect?||None|
Japanese: ゴッドハンド (Goddohando, lit. Godhand)
Chinese: 神之手 (lit. God Hand)
Chinese: 正义仲裁者 (lit. Justice Arbiter)
|Alternate Names||Neo: Infighter|
Korean: 진(眞) 인파이터
|“||All evils of this world must be destroyed without hesitation… even if the evil has taken control of those once pure and dear to your hearts.||”|
The Monk is a Priest whose talents lie in hand-to-hand pummeling. As he smashes his weapons into the ground, he creates a holy ring, within which his stats increase. The Monk is also highly trained in evasive techniques such as ducking and swaying, striking his floundering enemies with blessed force.
- At level 50, the Monk awakens as the Templar. At level 75, the Templar awakens as the Justice.
- His subclass cosmetic feature is glowing blue gloves.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is placing two fingers to his forehead for a brief moment before pointing them forward with blue energy coursing through his arm.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect is him summoning his judgement arm and then punching the ground
- 1 Becoming a Monk
- 2 Awakening as a Templar
- 3 Awakening as Justice
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Monk
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 New Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Media Content
- 10 Trivia
Becoming a Monk
The Priest must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Templar
The belief in God being a wise and merciful savior brings rest to most people... yet to those who thrive in darkness, it brings fear and dismay.
The world remains embroiled in conflict, as the Imposters spread their cursed infection throughout it. While many Imposters wear masks to hide their maniacal faces, they are not nearly thick enough to shield them from the Light of Divinity. As a result to encountering this holy light, many of the Imposters are left with their masks melded like wax upon their faces, hardened and fused to their skin.
The scriptures of God foretold the birth of a warrior who would suppress the Imposters, and bestow a blessing to the accursed. The suppression of such corrupted souls requires an iron will and indomitable spirit, enabling one to face evil while ignoring their own fear of failure.
As the order of the Monks refrained from becoming arrogant despite their growing power, God saw that they deserved a righteous blessing and guidance. And so it was foretold that their day would come, where they would spread like light throughout darkness.
Templar of God, with the power of the Holy Spirit at your disposal, you will bring punishment on the Imposters and become the protector of light to the weak.
The Monk must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Monk must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Grandis in Lemidia Basilica.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as Justice
'Templars' are god's advocates who have devoted their lives to punishing all imposters. Purposely putting themselves in rigorous training to become stronger, and to serve god's will. But as the number of imposters who died in their hands increased, their grudge and sadness seeped deep into their souls.
"They were once a being just like us... is annihilation really the only answer? How can we say we are different if we just kill endlessly?"
They started to question the very thought they had never a single doubt about, the thought that these people must be exterminated. They become confused and left on a journey to find answers to keep their mind at peace.
As the time passes...
some Templars became more focused on killing the imposters, some became even more enraged, some went through endless meditation and training, and some went out on a pilgrimage to understand the truth of everything.
After a long time, some 'Templars' returned with answers. It is not known what they saw or what path they had gone through. However, this was what said by them.
"We have finally understood god's will, and it has become our justice." The Templars who had returned knowing 'God's Intentions,' were determined and had a clear sense of duty, and they killed without hesitation.
They were truly beings that were willing to do anything for justice. Thus, people started refer to them as 'Justice.' They shall not only be known as god's advocates but people who understand and carry out god's true intentions.
The Templar must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Monk
The Justice must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Dry Out: reduced to 30SP
- Deathblow: reduced to 45SP
- Wrath of God: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Big Bang Punch.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Monk TP Skills
Monk Awakening Skills
Monk 2nd Awakening Skills
Monk Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Priest Skills
Male Priest TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- The Monk's theme and motif are heavily borrowed from the combat sport of Boxing that dates back to Ancient Greece.
- In his 1st Awakening artwork, the Monk is seen carrying a pair of Boxing Gloves around his waist, suggesting that those were originally going to be his main weapon until he's given a Totem which does befit his religious theme.
- If the Monk uses Will Driver equipped with his Awakened Ones the Second Weapon Avatar, a statue of Lady Justice materializes.
- For his titles:
- A Infighter is someone who does fighting or boxing at close quarters.
- A Monk is a person who practices religious asceticism by monastic living, either alone or with any number of other monks.
- The overseas Godhand, is also the title of the 2006 Playstation 2 beat 'em up game in which the protagonist also fights with fast hitting punches.
- Templars are a knight of a religious military order established in the early 12th century in Jerusalem for the protection of pilgrims and the Holy Sepulcher.
- Justice originates from one of four cardinal virtues.
- For his skills:
- Sidewind - Ryuji Yamazaki's Serpent Slash. (King of Fighters)
- Hurricane 'n' Roll's animation references the "Dempsey Roll", a technique invented by legendary Boxer, Jack Dempsey.
- Twister of Judgement - This removed skill resembles Joe Higashi's Hurricane Upper. (Fatal Fury)
- Corkscrew Blow - A Super Arts move Dudley uses. (Street Fighter)
- Machine Gun Jab - Functions like Ryo Sakazaki's Zanretsuken. (Art of Fighting)
- Gatling Punch - May likely parody Dekaranger Robo's special moves and the Ora battle cry is based on JoJo's Bizzare Adventure's Star Platnium which can also be heard with Exquisite Combo.
- Nuclear Punch - Based upon Cyphers' Hughton who is also a Boxer, ironically a APC version of him exists.
- Atomic Chopper - White Fang, Alexander Volg Zangief's technique in Hajime no Ippo.
- Big Bang Punch - The name is a reference to Mazinger Z's special attack and the move itself functions like Bruiser Khang's Gozza Blow Blast Caliber from the Tales of Destiny remake.
- Wrath of God - Could be based on the Gazelle Punch used by real-world Boxer, Floyd Patterson and later popularized in Hajime no Ippo.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|