For the title, see Specialist (Title).
|Job NPC||Unit Leader Schmitt|
|Specialized Weapon||Core Blade|
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: None |
Korean: 코어 마스터
|Alternate Names||Korean: 패스파인더|
|Alternate Names||Korean: 진(眞) 스페셜리스트|
Even to a layman's eyes, The Company's accomplishment rate is unbelievably high. Its success is based on its policy to adapt only the verified strategies. Trust isn't just applied to the relationship between the client and the employee; it's also applied to everything that the employee does to satisfy his client. He wouldn't hesitate to use even the most antiquated-looking gun, so long as it's reliable.
Even so, some members of The Company craved new things, especially cutting-edge technology. They were interested in this new technology named the Core Energy, whose existence they learned through a job. But like everything else that was new, new energy sources were usually seen to be unstable, for good reason. In other words, the Core Energy wasn't trustworthy according to their organization's standards. Thus, despite its great potential, it was only treated as trading goods. But they didn't stop propagating the usefulness of the Core Energy every chance they got, and finally, they were given a chance to present their product for testing. The others, who were well aware of the conservativeness of their organization, shook their heads and sighed as their innovative-minded colleagues entered the meeting room.
Unlike their expectations, however, the meeting didn't end quickly. Those who waited outside the room could only see a mysterious light that leaked around the door frame. After a spectacle of mysterious light that changed its color, an unbearable silence fell upon the room a few times. The door of the meeting room groaned as it swung open.
It was the moment that the new position Specialist, as in the specialist of the Core Energy, was born.
The Specialist fights with the best Empyrean technology and armaments available. With a high tech Core Blade and Pistol in hand, the specialist can manipulate the battlefield with various immobilization tactics.
- At level 50, the Specialist awakens as a Core Master then at level 75, the Core Master awakens as a Pathfinder.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is that the Specialist's handgun will be replaced with a Core Pistol.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect covers the Specialist in holograms as he briefly reads from a holographic document.
- 1 Becoming a Specialist
- 2 Awakening as a Core Master
- 3 Awakening as a Pathfinder
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Specialist
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 New Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Specialist
The Agent must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Core Master
Here's my report.
The large amount of energy discharged during our engagement with The Company three weeks ago was not external interference. I pored through their business negotiation transactions. They only had dealings with civilian and noble clients. It did not make any contact with any military organization capable of such effective crowd control. Also, all the traces found on the battlefield belonged to The Company and us. I've hired a Cleaner for the investigation; you can trust me on this.
In short, I believe the crowd control technique that obliterated our troops belongs to The Company itself. From this point on, my report will be focused on how it's gotten hold of such great power. But before we get into that, please take a look at this fragment that the aforementioned Cleaner has obtained. It's part of an improved version of the personal firearm, which I reported to you a few months ago. It's created and used by the members of The Company called the Specialists. At the time of my initial report, it was determined that this weapon was non-threatening because it was too unreliable to be useful in actual combat. It was, however, the only thing The Company used during our last engagement with it that showed a dramatic change.
That's right. As some of you may know, the Specialists have incorporated the Core Energy into this weapon. It's surprising that such a conservative organization has allowed its members to use this newly discovered source of energy, which can be discharged fairly easily, but is too difficult to control afterward. And this fragment proves that the Specialists haven't stopped studying the application of the Core Energy. If that energy three weeks ago is the results of their research so far, it's the greatest threat that we've ever faced.
I propose that we find out what exactly The Company can do with this energy as soon as possible. This concludes my report.
- From an enemy's report obtained during an annihilation operation
The Specialist must first reach level 50.
Awakening as a Pathfinder
Master, I have a question. Why did you choose such an ordinary student like me as your heir? You would say it's too late to ask that now. You're long dead. I don't think you did because of what I think, but just in case you did...
"Well-developed scientific technology cannot be distinguished from magic."
That was your mantra. And I believed in it. If you chose me as your heir because of that, you were stupid. None of the other students agreed with it.
Do you know how difficult things have been for me? I'm charged with the CP Project on a budget that could feed the entire country. You knew I didn't have good grades. Of course, you knew: you graded me. Thanks to you, I had a hard time convincing others of my worthiness.
Sometimes, I sigh in spite of myself. I'm studying day and night, getting myself into all kinds of trouble, wasting all my youth, and for what? Making your dreams come true.
But that's not what upsets me the most. It's that you were right all along.
- The first Pathfinder's monologue in front of the first Core Master's grave
The Core Master must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Specialist
What the man who had been in search of something found were two Cores floating in midair.
The man, who had been swiveling his head all around to take in his surroundings, couldn’t hide the excitement on his face.
“That’s it! Was the construction of this space successful?”
The special area created from Core Energy spread around the man, just as he had aimed to accomplish for so long.
He took out the Core Blade and Core Pistol that he had on him.
The weathered weapons were modified to a form that could test his theory.
“Although I want to head back this instant to see if the space construction was successful, now is my chance to prove my theory on the Singularity Drive."
The man, having made up his mind, slammed his Core Blade into the ground and dismantled the power source of his Core Pistol to equip it on the end of the Core Blade’s hilt.
The air around him soon started to ripple, and the Core Blade, activated with highly concentrated energy, started to slowly turn dark red.
It was a phenomenon where one could immediately tell that ludicrous amounts of Core Energy was being unleashed, even without
having to actually measure it.
Smoke arose from the hilt when the man took ahold of it.
Searing agony that made the fact that he was wearing protective gloves laughable ensued.
In spite of this, he smiled at how the energy was reacting as he had expected.
“Yes… My theory was correct.”
The next moment, the Core Blade that was freely expelling the energy of a black hole was swung in a large horizontal arc
across the horizon, shattering the space created with Core Energy.
Only the two Singularity Cores that had been hovering around the man remained, watching as if they were some entity’s eyes.
The Core Master must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Intensify: reduced to 30SP
- Core Paradigm: reduced to 45SP
- Exceed: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Burst Field.
Learns new skills:
Specialist TP Skills
Specialist Awakening Skills
Specialist 2nd Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Agent TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- Similar to the Mechanics, the Specialist's theme also follows a technology motif involving advanced weaponry, albeit leaning towards science fiction.
- In the Pathfinder's lore, the "Well-developed scientific technology cannot be distinguished from magic" line is a reference to Clarke's three laws, more specifically the third law created by British science fiction writer, Arthur C. Clarke.
- His main weapon Core Blade, are inspired by the Halo Franchise's Energy Sword.
- The Petite Pathfinder's animation of him firing a rifle is actually based on a removed skill called ACR-0 that once existed in Korea's Test Servers until it was later replaced by CEAB-2 instead.
- The Twin Drive System from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 could be the inspiration behind the Singularity Cores featured in the Neo: Specialist's lore and Awakening skill.
- The First Awakening, Core Master means a core energy expert in his lore.
- His Second Awakening Pathfinder is another way to refer someone as a Pioneer that involves the first to partake in early beginnings of a project.
- Core Praxis - Praxis is a Ancient Greek word meaning Process and may also refer to the act of engaging, applying, exercising, realizing, or practicing ideas.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|