Korean: 무녀 (Munyeo)
Japanese: 巫女 (Miko)
Chinese: 巫女 (Wūnǚ)
|Base Job||Female Priest|
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical|
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Status Effect?||None|
Korean: 신녀 (Sinnyeo)
Korean: 진(眞) 무녀
|“||I am the Representative of Sacred Dragon.||”|
These women are in small numbers, but they can be seen all over the world.
They are selfless and affable, but they don't like to talk about their pasts. It is said that the Shamans are—or were—members of the Order of Remidia, or have something to do with it, and that claim is backed by the remarkable healing power that they have revealed time and again.
That's not, however, what makes them who they are. It's the Shamans. These Shamans are similar to the revelations of the Order, but while the revelations are based on the believers' faith, the Shamans are more dependent on the soothsayers. One must meet special qualifications to receive these Shamans, and these qualifications vary, depending on the god who gives them.
These Shamans worship the Sacred Dragon and there aren't many things known about this particular god. Based on the words of those who witnessed their rituals, I suspect he's one of the famous deities and mythical creatures of Suju. All the witnesses claimed that watching the rituals cleared their heads and cured mild illnesses. Such a phenomenon is popular among the worshippers of the Suju deities.
If you want a first-hand experience of their power, then look for famous accident sites and battlefields around you. The Shamans spend most of their time helping out the poor and needy or those who are haunted by evil, but they also involve themselves in big incidents and battles, should their Shamans dictate them. They prefer using amulets and rosary beads to localize their damage, to avoid hurting innocent bystanders, but if they decide that immediate action is required to minimize damage in the long run, then they can unleash their power as the messenger of the Sacred Dragon and destroy everything around them in the blink of an eye.
Armed with the ability to foresee the future, amulets to effectively subdue enemies, and the power of exorcism, the Shamans are better than anyone else at solving the mysterious phenomena that have been plaguing the continent. Even the conservative Order of Priests reluctantly has admitted its collaboration with the Shamans.
- At level 50, the Shaman awakens as an Oracle. At level 75, the Oracle awakens as a Divineress.
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a small Dragon God that spirals around her before resting its head in her hand briefly and disappearing.
- Her 1st awakening cosmetic alters the appearance of the Oracle's staff.
- Her 2nd Awakening cosmetic further alters the appearance of Divineress's staff. She'll pray and levitate alongside the Dragon God as he ascends toward the light, before landing back onto the ground.
- Her Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has the Shaman bowing down with the Dragon God spiraling around her alongside six sacred orbs floating above, before ascending with the orbs following him.
- 1 Becoming a Shaman
- 2 Awakening as an Oracle
- 3 Awakening as a Divineress
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Shaman
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 New Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Shaman
The Female Priest must first reach level 15.
- Complete the quest Fighting to Protect the Forest Fighting to Protect the Forest from the Grand Flores Epic Quest line.
Awakening as an Oracle
Who's the Shaman in this portrait? The elegant and comely Oracle in the portrait is staring at me with her big, innocent eyes. Her oval face is void of fat, probably a result of her rigorous training but not haggard.
Most portraits, no matter how realistic they are, are flattering in some way to show respect to their subject. But not this portrait. It's raw and bare, without an ounce of pretentiousness. The Shaman in it is one of many priestesses whom I see on the streets every day, but there's one thing that sets her portrait apart from the others: the vivid illustration of a big blue dragon behind her.
Summoning the Sacred Dragon into the human realm requires a lot of faith and energy. Even an army of Shamans could barely summon a blurry image of the Sacred Dragon that is only as tall as a man. In other words, it's impossible for a Shaman to accompany such a big Scared Dragon, which makes this portrait the most unrealistic depiction I've ever seen.
Legend says Suju once was infested by monsters, and it was always dark, no matter the time. It was a no man's land.
Then, a traveling Shaman arrived at the darkest place in Suju. She chanted in an unknown language as if it was the most natural thing to do.
After some time, a gigantic Sacred Dragon descended from the sky, circling around her body and then a storm and thunder ensued. The blue light released from her body eradicated monsters it touched. When the storm passed, there was no trace of monsters left on earth. The people of Suju who witnessed this miracle called her the Oracle, and one of them painted her picture to remember her. If this legend holds true, the woman in this portrait is not just a regular Shaman—she's the Oracle, the greatest of all Shamans.
Some say the Oracles are not made, but chosen by the Sacred Dragon himself.
I don't care, either way. Legends are always full of many interesting—and conflicting—stories.
The Shaman must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Shaman must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Grandis in Hendon Myre.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Divineress
It was the early autumn. The full moon was a few days ago.
A waning moon rose slowly over the Great Mountain,
pushing away the ancient darkness that resided in the mountain
and illuminating the spirits of autumn that sit on the windowsills,
telling each other the stories of old.
Maybe it was the balmy weather of that night that made me hope for an oracle
even though I know oracles can't be wanted
—they can only be given if the Sacred Dragon decides so.
When have I become so selfish? Why is my mind so restless?
Some time ago, I realized that I could sense upcoming oracles before they arrived.
That realization made me happy. I'd gotten closer to the Sacred Dragon.
I was no longer just a vessel for his oracles. I was the reader of his mind.
It was the greatest blessing for anyone who served him.
It was also the source of my selfishness and arrogance.
My mind is a swirling miasma of emotions and depressing thoughts
when his mystical oracle came through the small opening between the windows in my mind.
It wasn't as obscure and cryptic as his usual messages.
It was shards of his thoughts and emotions
and they flew in through the windows in my mind, piercing it where they hit.
Then they melted into an endless wave of energy and combined into one firm will.
The Sacred Dragon was enraged by the corruption of the world,
the loss of pure spirits, the plaguing evil, and chaos.
Dear Scared Dragon, the object of my worship,
the guide of my spirit and the symbol of my faith,
Use me to unleash your wrath. Punish your enemies
and the unholy with the power of your rainbow light.
The Oracle must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Shaman
With the long sleeve fluttering like petals in the wind, the woman’s feets slid across the rock floor.
Gentle movements like that of a butterfly, but her forehead soon bore droplets of sweat.
‘It’s too dangerous!’
She remembered the voice of the senior shaman that warned her.
‘If you take in any more energy of the Sacred Dragon you’ll be assimilated with him completely!’
But even at her desperate plea she answered indifferently.
‘If that is the will of the heavens then I shall accept it.’
At her resolute voice the senior shaman could no longer speak.
Instead a man who had been leaning on a wall and watching them spoke like it was too much hassle.
At his shoulder sat a small beast that breathed flames.
‘You should already know. Once you become assimilated with the Sacred Dragon you’d no longer be human.’
The woman stared into his eyes without backing down.
Despite his uncaring attitude his eyes were straightforward and fierce.
‘If it goes wrong your existence could vanish and only the Sacred Dragon would be left.’
A brief moment of hesitation, but she turns her gaze back up with determination.
‘If I can control the power of the heavens… if I can save many with it… then it’s fine.’
The man let out a sigh as he shook his hand, as if he had given up.
‘Do whatever you want then. You can be eaten by him or become the Sacred Dragon.’
From his look as he scratched his head and left the temple with Suzaku she could tell that he was quite worried about her.
Even so her heart was resolute. This was her last duty she’d chosen as a messenger.
As her breath got heavier the fluttering sleeve moved faster
And from the ashen thunderclouds stroke thunder and lightning to her dance.
Her garments, drenched from the rain, weighted heavily on her body.
But her dance did not stop.
With every strike of the blinding lightning she seemed to disappear for an instant.
With the thunder that tore the air it was as though silence that stopped the time and space had arrived as well.
Taking all those with her body she lifted the heavens with her hand and held out the earth with her feet, raising her divine powers to the limit.
And when another lightning stroke and the world seemed to turn white,
Amongst the clouds were deep blue eyes looking down on her.
The sensation of suffocation and the mind turning blank.
But it was less of fear and more of reverence..
The being seemed to have been waiting for her as well.
No, with her skin she could feel that that was certainly what it was.
Without any message nor words like normal the great Sacred Dragon pierced through the clouds and flew into her.
And at the very moment when his great presence would pulverize her,
As if he had become one with her, the Sacred Dragon vanished into her body.
Feeling a great energy like her soul itself was swelling she released heavy breathes like she had been holding her breath in water.
And she closed her eyes, carefully covering her chest shining with golden light with both hands.
The storm and lightning just a moment ago had vanished, and a radiant sky of golden light unfolded itself on her head.
The Divineress must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Sacred Dragon Ball: reduced to 30SP
- Power of the Dragon God: reduced to 45SP
- Incarnation: Raging Godly Dragon: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Oracle: Dragon Thunderstorm.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Shaman TP Skills
Shaman Awakening Skills
Shaman 2nd Awakening Skills
Shaman Neo: Awakening Skills
Shaman Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Female Priest Skills
Female Priest TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- Like the Exorcist, the Shaman's theme is also based around a Onmyōji that are specialists in magic and divination, both are well-versed in Suju Magic, though her motif shares similarities to a Shrine Maiden, with an example being Reimu Hakurei from the Touhou Project.
- Her Second and Neo: Awakening costumes are inspired by Shrine Maiden outfits, including the color scheme.
- She is the only Female Priest subclass that cannot use Cut-in Dash.
- A Shaman is a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of good and evil spirits.
- An Oracle was usually a priest or a priestess through whom the gods were supposed to speak or prophesize.
- A Divineress is derived from Divination, considering that her Korean First Awakening is called Divine.
- Exorcistic Plasma - Tengai's power-up projectile. (Sengoku Blade)
- Ones that revolve around firing out Rosary beads, most notably Rosary Gun are similar to how Amaterasu from Okami uses one.
- The Yin-Yang symbol that's on Power Orb could be inspired by Reimu Hakurei's primary weapon. (Touhou)
- Holy Comet looks identical to a Meteor spell that's commonly learned by Mage classes in RPGs.
- One Hundred Eight Beads - Though it resembles Reimu's Spirit Sign "Fantasy Orb" spell card, the name refers to the number 108 that's commonly associated in Buddhism and shares it with a Level 85 Epic weapon.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|