Japanese: ランチャー(Ranchā, lit. Launcher)
|Base Job||Male Gunner|
|Job NPC||Lady Kiri|
|Specialized Weapon||Hand Cannon|
|Specialized Armor||Heavy Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Beginner
|Inflict Element?|| Fire Element|
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Shock (Status), Burn (Status), Stun (Status) |
Japanese: ブラスター (Burasutā, lit. Blaster)
|Alternate Names||Korean: 디스트로이어|
|Alternate Names||No information|
|“||For guns and for life... you only got one shot to make it count.||”|
The Coast Guard is stationed along the southern coast of the Empyrean Government to guard it against attacks from the Western Lawless District. The Launchers' main weapon are not dual pistols, but the sub weapon that they carry on their shoulder. While they are slower to attack than the other Gunners, they have higher defense, having been trained to wear plate armor. Rangelus and Audrey, who use machine guns, are Launchers. So is the captain of Empyrean's Coast Guard, Hiram, who has his own unique sub weapon.
The Launcher is a Gunner who specializes in heavy weaponry and has a love of blowing things up. He carries an armory full of the kind of firepower that deals massive area damage, wiping out entire flanks of advancing enemies at a time. Some of the most recognizable weapons in his arsenal include the M-3 Flamethrower, the Steyr AMR (an explosive missile that attaches to and annihilates its target), and a lethal energy beam in his Laser Rifle.
- At level 50, the Launcher awakens as a Wrecking Ball. At level 75, the Wrecking Ball awakens as the Destroyer.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a large gun on his back.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is a Laser Rifle, replacing the original large gun on his back.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect replaces the Launcher's Laser Rifle with a massive rail cannon that is charging with energy.
- 1 Becoming a Launcher
- 2 Awakening as a Wrecking Ball
- 3 Awakening as a Destroyer
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Launcher
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Launcher
The Gunner must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Wrecking Ball
A blinding flash of light, then an ear-splitting roar…then instantaneous devastation that leaves nary a tree branch smoldering in the dirt. Is this the fury of an angry god? No, but something close, something mortal that can create divine devastation. It is a gift perhaps granted by the gods themselves, but a gift that they must now regret bequeathing unto man.
The Launcher who can declare “I shall see light and bring to it darkness”…that is a Launcher who has awakened into a Wrecking Ball. Wrecking Ball is a legendary title belonging to the one who annihilated the Dragon’s army squadron during the Mechanical Revolution. It is the name given only to the most highly regarded Imperial Guard. It is the name of the one who serves, with power and authority, as a commander to the gods.
The Launcher must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Launcher must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Kiri in Hendon Myre.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Destroyer
Short on battle supplies, the Imperial Army continuously fled from battle.
The spirit of the soldiers was ruined, just like the farmlands that were ruined from the long war.
But soldiers had to continue fighting and grab their weapons before they could heal their wounds.
Humans were exhausted. And the weapons rotted.
This is a lost battle and you know it. Wouldn't it be better to just give up now?
Such rumors were common. One of the units were annihilated as they lost faith
in their commander and acted on its own.
However, the leaders of the Imperial Army was not overlooking the situation.
They chose the most skilled and solid people among the Wrecking Balls.
and secretly trained them. An operation that temporarily put them on the defensive.
Of course, they were given newly developed weapons that were created with
everything they had.
Even their trainers were overwhelmed by their intense training. However,
with the mission of defending Empyrean from the Kartel on their mind, nobody gave up.
And so came the day where they can show off the results of their training.
There were reinforcements that arrived just before the last line of defense fell.
Despite the commander's words that it was too late, they calmly took their weapons
and headed into battle.
Under the dark sky of sunset, a counterattack had begun. A fire that was brighter than
a rising star lit up the sky. Soldiers kneeling down helplessly with an empty clip raised their hands.
The Wrecking Balls, who wielded powerful weapons that others couldn't hope to lift,
was the hero that everyone was waiting for.
They were powerful and trustworthy and had no mercy towards the enemy.
The eyes of the soldiers filled with hope. Exhausted officers regained their courage.
Amidst the personnel moving to their positions, someone started to shout.
This war is not over yet!
As long as we have the Destroyers annihilating all enemies in our path,
we shall rise again and fight once more.
The Wrecking Ball must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Launcher
“Where’s the launcher squad!”
“All dead sir! If this keeps up…!”
Who said it.
That the Empyrean is now in peace…
After the shameful civil war everyone said it will be peaceful now but…
Maybe it was just a fancy wrapping to cover up the past.
The Kartel may have weakened but as long as the Wespeace remains lawless
Their danger will choke the Empyrean.
The military was busy with reorganization after the civil war with the nobles
And many of the leadership were killed and replaced during the war.
Even the replaced core forces were scattered due to investigations of the storms and emergence of the Apostles.
I was soft to not have anticipated that the vestige of Wespeace would be this fatal.
It was then that he appeared.
Maybe I was counting on him all the whole time.
One of the few of the Empyreans who can connect to the satellite.
Named the hero of Empyrean, but uninterested in power and fame and only wandering the continent as an ‘adventurer’.
His capabilities in one on many combat and weaponry was enough to turn the tides of war.
And at that very moment of chaos when reinforcement could not be expected he arrived with the information from the satellite.
But maybe it was too late even for him.
The enemies were already right in front of us…
Perhaps a victory but only with sacrifices.
“Requesting Orbital Disaster.”
It took me a moment for me to remember the special attack operation via satellite.
I’d never seen it, in fact I’d only heard that it was developed by the Seven Shards and didn’t even know it actually existed.
But with the orders delivered to me just in case I knew what I had to do during the operation.
When the order is delivered to the satellite by the requested signal a reactor is dropped on the target location
And the allied forces have to be moved to a safe location before the reactor blows up.
But… I also knew about the weakness of this operation.
The enemy forces could also evade before the reactor explodes.
The operation was only effective if we could provide suppression to pin them in place.
A weapon of mass destruction but only with a condition.
I swore that I would take some risks if it meant victory.
And yet despite my determination he requested for an immediate retreat.
“But then we won’t be able to match the detonation of the reactor... “
Ignoring my nervous words he brought out a railgun and began locking it on the ground.
Under his silent suggestion I could only follow him and pull away the forces.
I asked myself how he would hold the line until the reactor detonates with that one railgun
But leaving behind thoughts like that I moved out of the battlefield with the retreating troops.
And then as I escaped from the battlefield I clearly saw what happened.
A massive reactor that dropped between the clouds.
As it opened up and activated for detonation
A blinding ray of laser pierced through it without a moment to spare.
Before the confused enemies could even realize what was happening the reactors explosion
And the chain reaction from the laser blew them away with a blinding flash.
I couldn’t help myself but admire his decision and resolution in that short moment of time
I will never forget his back as he merely stared at the explosion and reloaded his railgun.
- From the records of a Wespeace officer.
The Destroyer must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Spectral Search Eye: reduced to 30SP
- Heavy Firearm Enhancement: reduced to 45SP
- Buster Beam: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Satellite Beam.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Male Launcher Skills
Male Launcher TP Skills
Male Launcher Awakening Skills
Male Launcher 2nd Awakening Skills
Male Launcher Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Gunner Skills
Male Gunner Albert Quest Skills
Male Gunner TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Male Launcher Trailer] [Male Launcher English Trailer] [Male Launcher Gameplay]
- [Destroyer Trailer] [Destroyer English Trailer] [Destroyer Gameplay]
- The Male Launcher's theme is that of a Commando who specializes in various Heavy Weapon artillery.
- A majority of Male Launcher's titles such as Wrecking Ball, Blaster and Destroyer all carry the motif of destruction.
- BBQ - Based on a technique in Devil May Cry that involved Dante using High Time while firing his pistols.
- M-137 Gatling Gun - Modeled after the M-134 Minigun.
- Steyr AMR - Is named after a German Anti-material rifle. In older versions, the weapon's design closely resembled the IWS 2000's appearance.
- Buster Beam - Based upon a combination of Iron Man II's Laser Wrists & Nono's attack from Diebuster.
- MLDRS-95 - Designed after the M270 MLRS.
- Orbital Disaster - Could be based on a Grand Slam earthquake bomb.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|