|Alternate Names||Ghost Slayer|
Chinese: 剑影 (lit. Blade Shadow)
|Base Job||Male Slayer|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Expert
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative:None |
Chinese: 夜刀神 (lit. Yaksha)
Chinese: 夜见罗刹 (lit. Rakshasa)
Korean: 진(眞) 검귀
The Slayers are the swordsmen doomed with the Ghost Arm.
They each resist their curse in their own way, but in the end, they all meet the same fate: death.
But sometimes, a miracle happens to a dying Slayer.
The Ghostman Syndrome.
A ghost would enter his body while it's in stasis between life and death, sharing the body with his own soul.
Those who got caught up in such a bizarre twist of destiny become neither alive nor dead.
Their body would turn ash gray with their Ghost Arm looking just as faded.
They look as ghastly as a ghost, with no trace of life left in them. But still they would go on, swinging their swords. They're called the Ghostblades.
The Ghostblade is a unique sort of Slayer that crosses the boundary between humans and the spirits. Creating a mortal bond with a warrior ghost moments before his death, the pale Ghostblade is a ghastly duo, weaving the Slayer's own deadly slashes with the ghosts' own attacks.
- At level 50, the Ghostblade awakens as a Yaksha then at level 75, the Yaksha awakens as a Rakshasa.
- His subclass cosmetic effect has the Slayer's skin turning pale, his left arm turning from crimson to blue and a black and white mist appearing behind him.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect has the ghost occasionally appear behind him.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has the Ghostblade and the Ghost making a battle stance together.
- 1 Becoming a Ghostblade
- 2 Awakening as a Yaksha
- 3 Awakening as a Rakshasa
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Ghostblade
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Ghostblade
The Male Slayer must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Yaksha
I roamed the world for a long time.
I swung my sword, just to release my aimless anger.
I never bothered to look at those I cut down.
I felt no remorse, either.
A sharp scream, and then blood would splatter.
The coppery smell of fresh hatred would fill the air as I mete out deadly punishment.
I would leave the battlefield, leaving the enemies in death throes, their dying curses stabbing at my back like ice picks.
How long has it been since I was last called that?
I never showed mercy, no matter how desperately my enemies begged.
I was so cruel and so apathetic.
I moved from one battlefield to another, shedding blood to become the greatest of all swordsmen in the world.
This man standing before me reminds me of myself when I was called the Yaksha... in life.
But the subtle shaking of the tip of his sword...
The last ounce of conscience left in him must still be fighting him.
But it won't last long...
- Yaksha's Monologue
The Ghostblade must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Ghostblade must first reach level 50.
- Talk to G.S.D in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Rakshasa
I see no boundary between good and evil.
I only cut down those who get in my way.
Dead men are evil; living men are good.
The Rakshasa lives to destroy the world.
Even if it makes me evil, I'll wear my mask and walk the path of the Rakshasa.
The Yaksha must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Ghostblade
I am watching someone.
The one that was once called the Yaksha.
The Yaksha is standing on the Pao hills.
He is waiting for someone.
It was surely someone's scheme.
Thousands of ghosts surround him.
Clearly not who he is waiting for.
Now I see. They are the Tao family's...
Like always, the Yaksha cut through the ghosts.
As expected from the Yaksha.
Watching his swordplay, I remembered a forgotten style.
Yes, I once had battles like that.
But he could not last long.
Strength in numbers.
On a mountain of corpses, the exhausted Yaksha falls too.
From his heavy breath I can instinctly tell that these are his last.
Even as his breath grew weaker he hears someone approaching and turns his head.
It was the one he was waiting for, shouting something as he's coming.
""... Master! ...Master Mohan!""
So you're here, my pupil.
You were a slave but also so talented.
Maybe even more than Yashin...
This is the end.
I thought I had a satisfying life with my life on the blade for my whole life.
But not being able to watch you grow
And having the duel with you I dreamt of is so regrettable.
Ah... is this how it ends.
He turns his head and looks the sky.
The cracked moon shines on the Yaksha.
The scenery flowing in through the crevices of consciousness grows dimmer
Only the last uttered word carves itself clearly in the mind.
A dream. No... a memory.
He stared at the swordsman who had become an emotionless fiend.
One truly worthy of being called the fiend incarnate.
As my memory returned thousands of swordplay came into mind
And as he learns these he's becoming a fiend. How strange.
As I aimed my blade at him, he too unsheathed his.
I could finally smile after for so long.
This man would surely be able to fulfill my desires."
The Rakshasa must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- One Who's Called the Yaksha: reduced to 30SP
- Fiend Incarnate: reduced to 45SP
- Phantasmal Slayer (Ghostblade): SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Phantom Cross.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Ghostblade TP Skills
Ghostblade Awakening Skills
Ghostblade 2nd Awakening Skills
Ghostblade Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Slayer Skills
Male Slayer Albert Quest Skills
Male Slayer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- Like the Asura, the Ghostblade's theme is borrowed from Hinduism, yet his motif also bears a great similaritiy to the character Yone from League of Legends.
- As opposed to having chains around his left arm, Ghostblade's 1st Awakening costume & artwork shows him having a talisman wrapped around for suppressing the Ghostface's influence until it's removed upon his 2nd Awakening.
- Yin & Yang could be another theme behind Neo: Ghostblade's artwork showing the swordsmen duo swap colors.
- He is the second Male Slayer subclass to have Hindu-themed awakening titles.
- Yaksha are a race of powerful, high ranking nature spirits that have duel personalities as a demon god–both worshiped as benevolent gods and feared as wrathful demons since Male Yaksha were portrayed in early Indian art as fearsome warriors.
- Rakshasa Are bloodthristy demons originating from the Hindu epics Ramayana and the Mahabharata believed to be created by a God of Creation named Brahma. The duo wearing a mask during Spectral Genocide makes reference to their facial appearances.
- Rasetsu is the Japanese term for Rakshasa.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|