|Alternate Names||Soul Bringer|
Korean: 소울브링어 (Soul Beulingeo)
Japanese: ソウルブリンガー (Sōru Buringā, lit. Soul Bender)
Chinese: 鬼泣 (Guǐ Qì)
|Base Job||Male Slayer|
|Specialized Weapon||Katana (Recommended), Short Sword|
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Expert
|Inflict Element?|| Shadow Element|
Water Element*( Ice Saya exclusive).
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Curse (Status), Slow (Status), Blind (Status), Freeze (Status), Sleep (Status) |
|Alternate Names||Soul Taker|
Korean: 소울테이커 (Soul Teikeo)
Japanese: ソウルテイカー(Sōru Teikā, lit. Soul Taker)
Chinese: 弑魂(Línghún Chéngzàizhě)
|Alternate Names||Dark Lord|
Korean: 다크로드 (Dakeu Lodeu)
Neo: Soul Bender
Korean: 진(眞) 소울브링어
|“||Whether the chains of fate can be broken. It all depends on your will.||”|
The Slayer was able to control them with the untamed left hand, left in the dark. As he loosens the chains from their left arm, the Slayer ends up becoming more free. Due to the actions of the many demons, being able to communicate and cooperate with him. These slayers are named 'Soul Benders'. Depending on the situations, these ghosts are very helpful to the Soul Benders in battle. Zieg, one of the first Soul Benders, was able to summon powerful demons such as Kazan, Bremen, Saya, and more to aid him in battle.
the Soul Bender wasn't so pleasant. 15 years ago, Zieg, battled against barbarians in the hills, and unluckily for him, Zieg was struck by lightning several times, causing Zieg, and the demons, to be taken under the ground, never to be seen again.
The Soul Bender is a Slayer who learns how to better manipulate the dark energies within him by studying the nature of his demon parasites. His attack spells are even more deadly, and resistance to Shadow energy is substantially increased. In combat, he is often seen using his demons in Area of Effect (AoE) skills like Hazy-Eyed Bremen and Ice Saya. A few of his most iconic and recognizable attacks are Tombstone and Phantasmal Slayer.
- At level 50, the Soul Bender awakens as a Soul Reaper. At level 75, the Soul Reaper awakens as a Dark Lord.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a dark aura when idle.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is a dark puddle under his feet, with shadowy hands reaching out towards him.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has the Soul Bender summon the sword of Karon the Owner of the Gate in front of him.
- 1 Becoming a Soul Bender
- 2 Awakening as a Soul Reaper
- 3 Awakening as a Dark Lord
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Soul Bender
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
Becoming a Soul Bender
The Slayer must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Soul Reaper
That a demon has possessed one’s arm is certainly a curse. Since no one would ever pursue such a thing, it is attributed to nothing other than fate.
To the accursed, little choice is given, but they must decide whether they wish to oppose that demon, or to entrust his soul to its darkness. This is left to one's own will. The strength to withstand its consuming darkness, yet control and guide its power is not an easy balance to maintain.
As we know, there are those who have broken through the chain. It is said that Zieg, the first and strongest Soul Bender, was able to control the seven demons any way he wanted. Yet even he eventually disappeared into the ground, due to those same entities that he embraced.
It is clear that the way of the Soul Bender is not a path easily taken… but as those who have tasted power know, as soon as you experience even the smallest amount, you acquire a desire, or even hunger for more.
The time for the advent of Blache, the prohibited demon, is at hand. An advent brought on by he who commands the demons.
You who dream, can you feel the giant shadow that waits with an avarice mouth open behind your back? You who crave, are you prepared? The time has come to fulfill your ceaseless desire.
But remember, desire is much like fire. If not properly contained, it may ultimately consume you.
The Soul Bender must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Soul Bender must first reach level 50.
- Talk to G.S.D in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Dark Lord
"The one that reigns over a hundred ghosts... I have been drawn in by your ghostly power that blurs the line between life and death."
I can hear an unfamiliar voice. How can a nameless wandering ghost possess such a powerful aura? After I've become "Soul Reaper", ordinary ghosts were sacred to even come near me, let alone converse.
"Who are you? If you are here to repent, you've come to the wrong guy. Leave before my power devours your soul."
After a short silence, the ghost talks sending chills down my spine.
"Do you really think you've achieved everything? I am the one who has returned from Hell itself... One of the ghosts who has lost his body in exchange for ultimate power. The one who has been given the power of the nine ghosts. We were only drawn together as our powers resonated. Do you not see that the choice is not yours but mine?"
Just as he spoke his last word, I started seeing terrifying visions that I had never seen before. The vision of a man who was taken by the ghosts and died a horrifying death. A man who withstood endless tortures and escaped from hell. Then suddenly, a name crossed my head.
"Are you Zieg, the High Priest?!"
The vision that blurred my head disappeared. I felt Zieg entering my body.
"Please take my power and become the Lord of the nine ghosts... my Lord."
The Soul Reaper must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Soul Bender
The Dark Lord must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Fear of Darkness: reduced to 30SP
- Phantom Mastery: reduced to 45SP
- Descent of Sieg: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Ghost 7: Furious Blache.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Soul Bender Skills
Soul Bender TP Skills
Soul Bender Awakening Skills
Soul Bender 2nd Awakening Skills
Soul Bender Neo: Awakening Skills
Soul Bender Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Slayer Skills
Male Slayer Albert Quest Skills
Male Slayer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Soul Bender Trailer] [Soul Bender English Trailer] [Soul Bender Gameplay]
- [Dark Lord Trailer] [Dark Lord English Trailer] [Dark Lord Gameplay]
- The Soul Bender's theme and motif are borrowed from Magic Knights alongside with elements of Shinigami in Japanese culture.
- The Awakened Ones the Second Weapon Avatar is called Walpurgis, referencing Walpurgis Night which is a real-world European holiday that's associated with the occult in folklore.
- For his titles:
- Soul Reaper could be a reference to the Bleach franchise.
- Dark Lord in the Fantasy genre are often seen as a stock villain wielding demonic powers.
- For his skills:
- Kazan - The God of Destruction himself.
- Ice Saya - The Princess of Ancient Naxheim can be fought as a boss in her human form during Hall of Eternity.
- Plague Rhasa - Rhasa's name is of Sanskrit origins meaning full of essence, befitting it's plague spraying ability.
- Kalla of Dark Flame - Kalla could come from another named used by the Hindu Death God, Yama.
- Moonlight Slash - Identical to Moriya Minakata's Glancing Blade. (The Last Blade)
- Phantasmal Slayer (Soul Bender) - Resembles a technique used by Hibiki Takane. (The Last Blade)
- Ghost 7: Furious Blache - Likely inspired by a Ghost whale yokai.
- Descent of Sieg - Priest Zieg.
- Blade Phantom Possession: Technique - Bleach's Getsuga Tenshō.
- Karon the Owner of the Gate is a reference to Charon, the ferryman of Hades in Greek and Roman mythology who carries the souls of the deceased across the river Styx which divides the world of the living and the dead. The Neo: Soul Bender skill Ravenous Crevasse makes a clear reference to this.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|