"Thanatos" redirects here. For the Lv75 Uncommon Zanbato, see Thanatos (Zanbato).
Korean: 사령술사 (Salyeongsulsa)
Japanese: 死霊術師 (Shiryōjutsushi)
Chinese: 死灵术士 (Sǐ líng shùshì)
|Specialized Armor||Light Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Intermediate
|Inflict Element?||Shadow Element|
|Inflict Status Effect?||Slow (Status), Bind (Status)|
|Alternate Names||Death Bringer|
Japanese: デスブリンガー (Desuburingā, lit. Death Bringer)
Chinese: 灵魂收割者 (Línghún shōugē zhě)
Korean: 진(眞) 사령술사
|“||Respect for the dead? Hahaha! I'll have none of it if that's what it takes to make ends meet!||”|
The Necromancers of the Elder Guard have long been allies with the dead, and they call upon them to rise from their graves, and aid in their quest towards retribution. The Necromancer has an especially close affiliation with the almighty king of the deceased: Vallacre, the Slaughterer. If she is to invoke his wrath, all who stand in its wake shall fall before him, and he is the epitome of fear itself.
Necromancers use the powers of the dead to attack their enemies. Their fighting styles are mostly mid-ranged when possessed by Vallacre the Slaughterer. While Wands are her specialized weapon, it is not uncommon for someone to use Twin Swords or Daggers due to their lack of speed and melee damage; however, Wands are still most used because most of the Necromancer`s skills do magic damage.
- At level 50, the Necromancer awakens as a Defiler. At level 75 the Defiler awakens as a Thanatos.
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a purple flame-like aura surrounding her.
- Her 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect has her occasionally pointing straight ahead as a flock of ghosts appear behind her.
- 1 Becoming a Necromancer
- 2 Awakening as a Defiler
- 3 Awakening as a Thanatos
- 4 Skills
- 5 Original Class Skills
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Media Content
- 8 Gallery
Becoming a Necromancer
The Thief must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Defiler
Oh mighty Vallacre, my king, I call upon you! The ultimate Slaughterer of injustice, who strikes fear into the hearts of all living creatures; it is you who truly liberates the Dark Elves from oppression!
Hear this calling from your humble servant! Through this lowly form, unleash your true majesty upon this world!
I beseech your wrath upon the arrogant Elves, the deceitful Dwarves and even the shameless Dark Elven apostates who desecrate our name! I implore your relentless acrimony, to rain flames of vengeance to the treacherous Human race, and all its filth and corruption!
At last! The army of terror will rise and march forth again, at the summoning of the Great King! All opposing foes shall tremble in the shadow of his might! Prepare yourselves for inescapable despair!
Oh Vallacre, Great King of Terror! Hear my summoning! Ascend from the depths of your oblivion! I am but an instrument of your awesome embrace! Arise from your dank, shallow grave, and possess this body again!
Cursed be to Amora! Glory is the legacy of the Dark Elves!
The Necromancer must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Necromancer must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Minet in Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Thanatos
|“||I shall guide you to the world of souls
Control the souls of the world with extreme necromancy.
Those who wish to learn necromancy... I will start this letter by sneering at your ignorance and recklessness.
No matter what you have on your shoulders, the choice you’ve made is wrong.
It’s like destroying a pillar just to fix the roof. If you have any sanity left, stop this madness.
And to those who still greedily seek a way to this.... Congratulations. You will not die in peace.
All of you!
Do not awaken the soul that surpasses your own capability.
Necromancy is a sorcery which materializes the remaining energy in the world.
Some foolish people have included the incarnation of evil spirits as Necromancy, but how are you going to control a powerful soul which has a will of its own?
Do not break the taboo with your foolishness.
If you do not wish to be constrained and suffer until your existence becomes less than that of a speck of dust.
If you do not wish to die before you are actually dead, you shall give up your ludicrous greed.
If you run into someone lucky, come to me. I would like to see the face of the person who ignores this friendly advice.
Well, that’s only if I am still sane by then.
- Excerpt from a book left by the first Thanatos, Klorinde
The Defiler must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Necromancer TP Skills
Necromancer Awakening Skills
Necromancer 2nd Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Thief TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- The 2nd Awakening title, Thanatos comes from the Greek god of the same name who is the personification of death.
- Her 95 passive is named after the river of pain Acheron, one of five Greek underworld rivers.
- The 3rd Awakening skill references Moros, A offspring of Nyx and primordial god of doom who drives mortals to their deadly fate.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|