Korean: 블레이드 (Beulleideu)
Chinese: 刃影 (Rènyǐng, lit. Blade Shadow)
|Base Job||Female Slayer|
|Job NPC||Knight Robato|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Fixed
|Inflict Status Effect?||Bleeding (Status)|
|Alternate Names||Korean: 리벨리온 (Ribellion)|
Chinese: 斩夜 (Zhǎnyè, lit. Slashing Night)
|Alternate Names||Korean: 벤데타 (Bendeta)|
Chinese: 夜皇 (Yèhuáng, lit. Night Emperor)
|Alternate Names||Neo: Blade|
Korean: 진(眞) 블레이드 (Jin Beulleideu)
Chinese: 极诣·刃影 (Jíyì Rènyǐng)
The top-secret experiments carried out in the De Los Empire birthed much sacrifice. The loss of many young boys and girls forced to be experimented on after being separated from their families was especially felt, further accentuated by the failure of the Metastasis experiments.
Many lives were lost, being swept away by leaked Metastasis energy or from experiment facility explosions. The children who managed to survive were eaten by beasts that were Metastasized from Pandemonium, or killed in the hunt by soldiers after escaping by chance.
Even so, some survived. These children were able to hide with the help of the Imperial Knight Captain Crowell, who loathed the wrongdoings of the Empire, and spread out into Arad to start their own lives or while vowing revenge upon the Empire.
Some children trained profusely in Imperial swordsmanship to create their own swordfighting techniques, and fought against the Empire.
Some children made pacts with entities called blade demons to wield demonic swords and walked down the path of vengeance.
Some children suppressed the energies of Metastasis, creating a school of their own kind which practiced the techniques and dual-blade swordsmanship learned during their wandering travels.
And some children became the envoys of the god of death, striving to erase the Empire’s name in shadow.
Among these children was a girl.
This girl saw the paths the others took, but took none for herself.
Whichever way she went, she knew she could not get the revenge she so wanted.
The girl watched till the very last child left.
Then, clasping the broken sword that was the last gift of the benefactor who’d fallen before her very eyes, she vanished silently.
To find her own path.
To find her own revenge.
The Spectre is a swordsman who fights with a combination of fast sword strikes with high mobility skills. With an obsessive desire for revenge against the De Los empire, she strikes back with her signature swords Obsidian and White Fang in successive quick slashes in addition with her specialized wires that can not only provide her extra speed but additional harassment to her foes.
- At level 50, the Spectre awakens as a Rebellion then at level 75, the Rebellion awakens as a Vendetta and at level 100, the Vendetta will awaken as a Neo: Spectre.
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is the long sword Obsidian and the short sword White Fang holstered beside her.
- Her 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect changes the Spectre's idle stance to a back pose similar to her promotional art.
- Her Neo: Awakening cosmetic effect is the Spectre slightly unsheathing the Obsidian as blood red mist gathers and disperse as she sheathes the blade back in.
- 1 Awakening as a Rebellion
- 2 Awakening as a Vendetta
- 3 Awakening as a Neo: Spectre
- 4 Skills
- 5 Original Class Skills
- 6 Media Content
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
Awakening as a Rebellion
Her enemies fall in the trembling bright shadows.
A white fang pierces the heart of her nemesis.
She melds into the crowd to deceive her enemies,
and her smile smothers her heart while hiding her face.
Within the howling desert sandstorm,
and the bone-chilling frigidness of Mt. Thunderime.
On the mountains she climbed with thirst burning inside,
all she thought of was revenge for her guardian who died in front of her eyes.
Discard that which is unneeded, and leave only what is required for vengeance.
All she wanted was one person’s life.
Her thirst shall never be quenched, lest it be with that of her nemesis’ blood.
she shall close her eyes while offering a chalice filled with melted snow, a sincere smile on her face,
as she falls at the end of her path of vengeance.
- Monologue of the girl dubbed Rebellion: The Treasonous Blade
The Spectre must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Spectre must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Knight Robato in Hendon Myre.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Vendetta
My father, who birthed me with his life; thicker than blood.
As you saved me, and granted me life from the edge of death,
it is but my duty as your daughter to raise my head high, and aim for the Emperor’s heart with the will you have imparted.
Until the white fang splits the sky, reddened with blood.
Until the bright shadows melt down and soak the earth.
Until my last dying breath,
I shall manifest my bloody vendetta.
The imperial throne shall be slick with blood, and the emperor’s head shall be placed on a silver platter
to be placed under your name, bereft of a body as it has become, with me lying beside.
You who birthed me with your death.
This is the only purpose I have in life, my last wish,
and my last eulogy bidding you farewell.
The Rebellion must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Spectre
“You are a dull blade.”
His words collapsed upon her shoulders like boulders.
She thought she had let go of her hesitation after embracing the two swords.
Her yearning for revenge, fueled by righteous fury, had cut down anything in her way, and her enemies had fallen silent under her blade.
The red flower buds that bloomed with her every step had proved that no one could stop her bloodstained path of revenge.
But she had lost.
Her raging anger disappeared along with the calm blow that struck down, as if it were swept away by a current.
Her senses that had been honed like a dagger became useless in an instant,
and neither the skills that had defeated the strongest of foes nor the blade that she had sharpened to stab her sworn enemy had managed to touch him.
In the end, he walked away indifferently without looking back. As if he could not care less.
She could not help but hang her head in defeat.
The two swords that she cherished more than her own life were scattered across the ground as a sign of her loss,
and her thoughts of revenge fell even more devastatingly into an abyss.
“You cannot look back because you are blinded by revenge.”
She lifted her head at the soft voice that suddenly pierced her thoughts.
“Let go of your anxiety.”
The black-haired man offered her the two swords that had been scattered on the floor.
“What does it matter, even if they are broken?” ‘It’s ok, even if you’re broken.’
From a time long ago… The person who had once handed over her swords seemed to overlap with this man.
Perhaps that is why she unknowingly reached out and took the swords.
“They are still beautiful swords, are they not?” ‘Your rebirth is still beautiful, isn’t it?’
Her hands holding the blades trembled
“You have already found the path.” ‘You’ve already found your path. My daughter.’
She managed to stand up, assuaging her trembling body while leaning on the two swords for support.
Her hair was scattered unsightly, covering her face, but underneath it her lips were parted in an unfathomable smile.
The black-haired man also smiled as if he was satisfied, then turned around to follow her.
And the girl.
No, the woman.
She readjusted her black-colored glasses, turning around as if she had no regrets.
Then, she took an unworried step forth. As if she could not fail this time.
She would go back to the beginning. To become the blade of a sword.
The Vendetta must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Spectre TP Skills
Spectre Awakening Skills
Spectre 2nd Awakening Skills
Spectre Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Female Slayer Skills
Female Slayer TP Skills
Female Slayer Togglable Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- Her playstyle of using two swords could likely be based on legendary rōnin Miyamoto Musashi of Feudal Japan.
- In the 15th Anniversary KDnF artbook, there is concept art of her with a Doberman Pinscher that appeared as a Creature on her exclusive Arad Pass.
- The two blades she wields are the long sword (nodachi) 'Obsidian' (Korean: 大太刀 '黑曜' daetaedo heugyo) and short sword (kodachi) 'White Fang' (Korean: 小太刀 '白牙' daetaedo baega). They are both holstered in the Blade Holster 'Diamond Edge' (Korean: 金剛 geumgang).
- Her original blade was entrusted to her by Knight Master Crowell. But after the blade was split in two by Crowell's student Bale Bran, it was re-forged into her two signature blades by the legendary Bantu blacksmith, Golgolion.
- Her signature blade techniques are known as the 'Sheathing Technique' (Korean: 納刀術 napdosul), which are commonly referred to by their Japanese name 'Nōtō-jutsu', the art of blade sheathing. It is the counterpart to 'Battō-jutsu' (Korean: 拔刀術 baldosul), the art of blade drawing. Both of which are components of 'Iaidō' (居合道).
- Like the other Female Slayer subclasses, the Spectre harnesses the Metastasis energy sealed by her Ghost Fastener to enhance her fighting capability. She uniquely uses the energy to amplify her sword strikes with 'Obsidian' and to create wires that attach to 'White Fang', enabling her to use it as a projectile that can pierce through enemies.
- This wire based form of mobility is very much akin to the Omni-directional mobility gear of the Attack on Titan franchise.
- Much like the Sword Master, the Spectre's theme is based around rebelling and striking back against the De Los Empire, however the Blade carries a much stronger hostility towards the Empire than the former. As such, her awakening titles Vendetta & Rebellion are all based upon revolution and vengeance against a tyrannical rule.
- A Spectre can either refer to either a spirit or an image of something unpleasant, as this would become her official Global Subclass title upon being announced and released in late 2021 since Neople chose not to use the KDnF title Blade due to sounding generic, but would be referenced a few times.
- Old Fashioned - Her Level 20 passive is named after the cocktail itself.
- Blackout & Hangover's naming scheme looks to involve something memory-related with Alcohol.
- License - Her 1st Awakening Passive is based on Menkyo (免許), which is a license to teach used by practitioners of various Japanese classical arts and martial arts certifying some license within the school or ryū.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|