|Alternate Names||Korean: 쿠노이치 |
Chinese: 忍者 (rěnzhě, lit. ninja)
|Specialized Weapon||Chakra Weapon|
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical|
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Element?||Fire Element|
|Inflict Status Effect?||Burn (Status)|
|Alternate Names||Korean: 이즈나비 (ijeunabi) |
Chinese: 毕方之炎 (Bì'fāng'zhī'yán)
Korean: 진(眞) 쿠노이치
|“||I am willing to die for my master.||”|
When Vallacre enthroned himself and ordered all dark elves to present themselves before him, some defied his order and remained where they were. These dark elves lived in small groups and embraced new cultures, combining them with their traditions to create unique cultures of their own. Those in Shonan are the most unique of them all. Some say these dark elves descended from the Basilisks, a secret organization that was eliminated by the Elders 200 years ago. Others say that they descended from the Duramins, an alliance of small tribes that once rose in revolt. Neither has been confirmed. The only thing that is clear about them is that they have been in Shonan for a long time.
They were called the Kunoichis, capable of using Shonan's traditional Nen and chakra weapons, as well as dark elf magic. They even combined different fighting techniques and created their own combat art called Ninpo. Ninpo made them famous in Shonan, but only as deadly assassins.
The longer they trained in Ninjutsu, the unhappier they became. They did not want to be assassins for the rest of their lives. They eventually turned to Shonan's Royal Family and nobles, for a chance at a different life in return for their service. Their employers mainly put them in charge of the protection of important figures. Sometimes, they were also sent into enemy territory to steal information. When the nobles realized how useful the Kunoichis were, they scrambled to hire them. The competition became so heated that the number of Kunoichi vassals that a house owned became a standard for the house's wealth and power. The Kunoichis had finally escaped their dishonorable lives as assassins, but in doing so, they were forgotten from the rest of the world. Their new masters did not wish to expose their strength to their enemies.
They have become so secretive that the general populace now think they are only the stuff of legends. But Shonan's Royal Family and nobles are still competing against each other to bring more Kunoichis to their side.
The Kunoichi seamlessly blends the magic of the Suju with traditional dark elven magic for a unique combat style. As a purely ranged class, she fights from afar with her a diverse set of fire-based AoE attacks capable of immolating multiple enemies within safe distance. These attacks are coupled with the Kunoichi's ability to increase it's potency by charging or be repeated by creating illusions.
- At level 50, the Kunoichi awakens as an Izunabi. At level 75 the Izunabi awakens as a Shiranui
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a small fire ball that forms by her, and disperses when she tosses her kunai towards it.
- Her 2nd awakening cosmetic effect has her do a quick spin and form a scarf of fire around her neck.
- Her Neo awakening cosmetic effect is her summoning flames that shows the Three Treasures combining into Yatagarasu on her weapon before doing a striking motion dispersing the flames.
- 1 Becoming a Kunoichi
- 2 Awakening as an Izunabi
- 3 Awakening as a Shiranui
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Kunoichi
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Kunoichi
Even after Vallacre took the throne for himself, there were a few Dark Elves who
refused the calling of the new ruler and remained where they lived. They took in
new cultures and assimilated it with their own and created an isolated society of
their own. Out of them all, the Dark Elves that lived in the Shonan area had
the most unique ability. There are stories that these Elves are descendants of
the "Petrilisks" who were purged by the Elders 200 years ago, while others believe
they are the descendants of "Duramin", who formed a coalition with the smaller
tribes to rebel against Vallacre. However, nothing has been confirmed.
One thing is for certain, they have lived in Shonan for a very long time.
They were known as Kunoichi, a special group of Nen and Chakra users with
the ability to cast magic of the Dark Elves. As time went by, they combined
these skills to create their own unique technique called the "Ninpou." Through this
Ninpou, Kunoichis were able to obtain extreme power and influence in Shonan
But their reputation never exceeded that of a mere assassin.
As they kept on mastering their skills, a feeling of apprehension fell over them.
They did not want to continue living as assassins. As they agonized over this,
Shonan nobles recruited them and promised them a normal life in return for
their loyalty. Kunoichis took the job of escorting important delegates and infiltrated
enemy bases in order to collect information. As more nobles became aware of
the existence of Kunoichis, they fought each other in order to recruit them.
In the end, the number of Kunocihis possessed by a family became a standard
for measuring how powerful a family is. With this, Kunoichis were able to purge
their reputation of being merely known as assassins. However, their existence were
kept in secret since the nobles did not want to expose their own power.
Since the Kunoichis rarely exposed themselves to the public, they only existed in
rumors and myths. However, Shonan royal families and nobles fought secretly
in order to recruit every Kunoichi they can to their side.
The Thief must first reach level 15.
Awakening as an Izunabi
Kunoichis often use Ninpou that uses fire but the fire used by them differs from
normal fires. It cannot be extinguished by normal means but it can be put out
by the snap of a finger from a Kunoichi. Their methods were so effective that
they created fear amongst their enemies while leaving no traces of evidence behind.
Even after they stopped being assassins, the Ninpou they used barely changed.
They needed intense training in order to wield fire that can deal massive damage.
Those who could not keep up or were not talented enough conceded. In a sense,
being proficient at handling fire is already proof that they have passed the test.
Out of those, the one who uses the most fancy and powerful fire technique is
called the "Izunabi." Named after a mystical creature from a legend, there aren't
many who can obtain this title but the amount of impact they had on Shonan was
enormous. They very first Izunabi nearly mastered all the Ninpou and gave
Kunoichis an option to live a life other than those of an assassin. Most of
the legends about Kunoichi that Shonan people talk about are the results of
The process of selecting the one who will be the heir of the "Very first Izunabi" is
very complex. Even the most talaented one will not be chosen, if they do not meet
the qualities of an Izunabi. Izunabis have huge influence in the Kunoichi society,
this is why Izunabis may not exist for a very long time. Kunoichis also diligently
select an Izunabi to avoid less skilled candidates from dishonoring the name and
if an Izunabi becomes less skilled, they will lose their title. SO those who are
Izunabis can be considered the top of the Kunoichi.
The Kunoichi must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Kunoichi must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Minet in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Shiranui
|“||The Lonely Beautiful Flower
Defender of the three Sacred Relics and a master of the hellfire sword.
that arises from the land bring forth desolation
and disappear without a trace.
that blooms in darkness, scorch the ignorant
and burn the corrupt.
Be enlightened and incinerate our enemies
that we may be granted eternal life.
- From the song of Shiranui
The Izunabi must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Kunoichi
I’ve heard the news.
You’ve understood the principles of Amaterasu, the true power of the hidden treasure of Suju.
As a citizen of Suju it brings me great pride and joy hearing that you’ve gained control of the Three Treasures with the power as the foundation.
The day you became an ‘Izunabi’ feels like yesterday, yet here you are as a being hardly fathomable.
The Shonal royal family has always had respect and gratitude for the Kunoichi family including you.
This means that Shonan… no, all of Suju is supporting you.
Your existence is the pride of Suju and the Kunoichi family.
But, one thing I worry…
Is that the sigil of Amaterasu is in touch with the source of the sun’s power, and it’s on the same path as becoming the sun god itself.
Containing the power of a sun in a limited human body would be unimaginably painful and arduous…
Envoys tell that whenever you harness the power of Amaterasu your body burns like the earth holding lava.
Please… do not overuse that power.
Do remember that you’re a talent and treasure of both Kunoich and Suju that we’ll never have again.
I look forward to the day of meeting you again.
May the sun of Suju be with you…
-From ‘Shonan Aska’
The Shiranui must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Burning Stigma: reduced to 30SP
- Yata Mirror: reduced to 45SP
- Sword of Kusanagi: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Circles of Inferno.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Kunoichi TP Skills
Kunoichi Awakening Skills
Kunoichi 2nd Awakening Skills
Kunoichi Neo: Awakening Skills
Kunoichi Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Thief TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- The Kunoichi's theme is heavily inspired by Ninjutsu/Ninpo.
- Her usage of fire elemental techniques comes from the real-world Katon-no-Jutsu that is featured in popular media, such as Naruto's Fire Release.
- Enemies killed by the Kunoichi will appear as if they've been incinerated, instead of the usual death animation.
- The Sword of Kusanagi's design seems to resemble Fire Emblem Awakening's Falchion.
- Although her main exclusive weapon are named after the real-world Chakrams that are circular shaped, they are modeled in-game from a Kunai.
- A Kunoichi is essentially a female ninja who practices ninjutsu.
- Izunabi could mean fox fire, though is a result of combining existing words from either a Kuda-gitsune or the deity Izuna-Gongen.
- Shiranui means unknown fire that's a Japanese equivalent to the will-o-the-wisp, actually a optical phenomenon which is hypothesized to be the after-effect of the setting sun.
- A vast majority of Ancient Japanese Mythology figures and The Three Sacred Treasures partake upon her 2nd and Neo: Awakenings.
- Fire Art: Fireball - Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique. (Naruto)
- Toad Oil Bomb - Fire Release: Toad Oil Flame Bullet. (Naruto)
- Ninpou: Decoy - Kawarimi.
- Amaterasu - Named after the Shinto Sun Goddess herself.
- Yamata no Orochi - A giant 8-headed serpent that was slain by the Storm God, Susanoo who is Amaterasu's younger brother. Only one head is summoned in-game.
- Jade Inferno: Kamaitachi - Based upon the Weasel yokai that often travels as a trio on whirlwinds to move at high-speed, slashing their victims with their sickles to inflict deep wounds.
- Yatagarasu - Based upon the the mythical three-legged crow that represents the will of heaven or divine intervention in human affairs and a faithful envoy to Amaterasu.
- Sword of Kusanagi - Susanoo found this sword inside of Orochi's body when he slew the beast and later presented it to his sister as a gift. Though the sword's origins date back to Yamato Takeru who used it to cut away burning grass of a fire set by the Ainu and escaped from being attacked.
- Radiant Mega Jade - A deity named Amenoakarutama made a necklace made out of these jewels and placed them on a tree to entice Amateratsu out of a cave.
- Yata Mirror - A mirror forged by the deity Ishikoridome that was also used alongside the Yasakani no Magatama to entice the goddess.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|