|Base Job||Male Priest|
|Specialized Armor||Heavy Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Intermediate
|Inflict Element?||Shadow Element|
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Curse (Status)|
|Alternate Names||Doom's Guardian |
Chinese: 末日审判者 (lit. Doom Judge)
Korean: 진(眞) 어벤저
|“||May the heavens bestow forgiveness upon me!||”|
One evil in exchange for another. For a Priest, no fate was worse than being transformed into one of Ozma's Imposters. Besides Nilvas, no one who became an imposter was ever able to transform back.
Until recently, when a group of powerful priests battling the Imposters were mutated into Imposters themselves. But their will was strong, and with the power of the Holy Spirit, they transformed themselves back. Surprised, the Order of the Priests studied them and were rewarded: They learned how to transform any mutated Priest back.
But those who were transformed back never fully regained their humanity. The voice of Ozma forever rang in their ears. They learned to utilize his power without giving in to his corruption. Nevertheless, they became outcasts from their Priestly Order.
They formed their own brotherhood and called themselves "Avengers", after Nilvas. They grew fervent in their eradication and rescue of Imposters.
Do not grow alarmed should an Avenger walk past and a chill runs down your spine, For Avengers are devoted Priests and agents of the Holy spirit still.
Wielding the power of Ozma and their demonic side, the Avenger can unleash many heavy blows upon their enemy and are able to use the power of demons to destroy everything in sight.
- At level 50, the Avenger awakens as the Doom Guardian. At level 75, the Doom Guardian awakens as an Immortal.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is Ozma's darkness pulsating off his being.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic is where his entirety becomes pitch black and his eyes glow bright red.
- 1 Becoming an Avenger
- 2 Awakening as a Doom Guardian
- 3 Awakening as an Immortal
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Avenger
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming an Avenger
The Priest must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Doom Guardian
I...I will not give in!
- Where is your god now? The one to whom you fold your hands in prayer, the one who "cares" for you...? There is no god! There never has been! Michael has deceived you! No one answers your pleas for help but me. Come to me. I will be your savior. I will guide you...
God! Where are you? Listen to my cries for help! My will...is weakening! Do not let me succumb... Give me courage. Show yourself to me, so that I can carry out your will once again!
- Your god ignores your prayers. Even if he were real, do you think he would bless you, knowing that you wield my powers? Your god favors the righteous. He has no room for the anguish you suffer. Your body and mind are soiled. Your god has cast you out!
If God has indeed left me... If I am no longer able to do His will with my corrupted body, then I will stamp out the darkness within me by the sheer force of my will. If that is not enough, I will vanquish all the darkness in the world and wait for the day he forgives me.
- Embrace ME and I will never leave you! I will wash away this tainted world full of lies, and only the truth will remain!
Darkness that tempts me, listen well! Even if my God has deserted me, even if I have become an outcast from my Order, even if all who I love betray me... I will destroy you. I will search the corners of hell itself and hunt you down, even if it consumes my very soul.
<Nilvas Gracia's Prayer>
The Avenger must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Avenger must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Grandis in Lemidia Basilica.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as an Immortal
I've witnessed true evil in abbadon. The sole reason for its existence... To mercilessly feed on the fear of others I've seen true evil embraced by death itself
It scares me more to think that I may pity these unworthy foes who bleed, scream and squirm like a mere creature in pain.
I am the steel of conviction that must be kill to save I shall sever your body with this blade and When the blade point towards your heart You shall perish the breath in the wind
Those who throw stones after being saved, who does the dark beast refer to? Those who been abandoned but still walk truth-seeker's path, for whom do you lead this life of loneliness?
Stop sobbing, poor little altar boy. He shall live an obedient and honest life. He shall be determined and on his knees to receive his ordination, under the clear ring of the bell.
The Doom Guardian must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Avenger
A lonely man walks over a dark bridge.
As he let out his footstep something splashed on the ground, but he could not feel anything.
Was it the blood of this sinner, or another sinner?
... Not important.
Nothing could be felt from the footsteps, and he did not care for them.
Did he not swear that he'd accept everything to calm this boiling anger?
... It does not matter.
Is it the answer of god at the end of this path, or someone else's?
Should I stop? Or move forward?
... There is no answer.
The bridge had turned narrow like a log.
This ever narrowing path, does it lead to the light, or darkness?
... I am not afraid.
On this bridge as narrow as a string, he thought there was only one more step to be had.
Into the darkness that could be the abyss he let out his last footstep without hesitating. Whatever comes next...
... I believed it to be unimportant.
He tried to make his last step, but his legs did not budge.
And he could see a light, connected with the narrow bridge, holding him up.
Under his footsteps there has always been light, and his god has always been looking upon him.
In truth, everything was important.
The lonely man returned to the bright path and walked again.
His footsteps no longer echoed.
The Immortal must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Nightmare: reduced to 30SP
- Evil Strike: reduced to 45SP
- Unholy Fury: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Execution.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Avenger TP Skills
Avenger Awakening Skills
Avenger 2nd Awakening Skills
Avenger Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Priest Skills
Male Priest TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Avenger Trailer 1] [Avenger Trailer 2] [Avenger English Trailer] [Avenger Gameplay]
- [Immortal Trailer] [Immortal English Trailer] [Immortal Gameplay]
- The Avenger's theme and motif is based on Christian demonology due to his status as a Imposter.
- The class would see a proper release in KDnF's 2011 Innovation patch, and later in 2012's Revolution during Nexon-DFO.
- The word Salvation in his Awakened Ones the Second Weapon Avatar could be another way of saying Redemption.
- Because of Lucille Redmayne's hostility towards Imposters, The Avenger cannot build rapport with her through the NPC Friendship System.
- A Avenger refers to a person who takes revenge for an offense, befitting the subclass due to being cursed by Ozma.
- A Immortal is another way to describe eternal life and being exempt from death.
- Thunder Mine - Looks to resemble The Incredible Hulk's Gamma Wave move used in the Marvel vs Capcom series.
- Spinning Deformation - Either Sonic the Hedgehog's Spin Dash or Pyron's Zodiac Fire from Darkstalkers.
- Devil's Fist - While very identical to Tetsuo Shima's Mutated prosthetic arm from Akira, the attack itself could be based on K9999 from King of Fighters who in turn was inspired by Tetsuo.
- Demonize - Go Nagai's Devilman.
- Disaster - Maxima's Bunker Buster. (King of Fighters)
- Execution during Demonize comes from Vice's Gorefest. (King of Fighters)
- Smite of Destruction - The skull pattern that's seen at the skill's end is similar to Omega Rugal's Gigantic Pressure. (King of Fighters)
- Dire Stream - Devil Jin's Laser Eye Beam. (Tekken)
- Neo: Avenger's Cut-in that's seen in Destructive Gospel is a homage to Devilman Crybaby's transformation sequence.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|