Welcome to the DFO World Wiki. With many major updates since the release of DFO, many items are missing. Visit Item Database Project to learn more.
Please remember to click "show preview" before saving the page.
Thanks for the updated logo snafuPop!
|Alternate Names||Swift Master|
Korean: 스위프트 마스터
|Base Job||Male Mage|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Status Effect?||None|
|Alternate Names||Storm Bringer|
Chinese: 風神 (lit. Wind God)
Neo: Swift Master
Korean: 진(眞) 스위프트 마스터
The Abyss, with its infinite mana, does not only intensify its bearer's mana, but also controls air currents.
The unexpected ability to dominate the power of wind has appeared.
This is a surprising discovery known to a select group of mages who make the best use of it by adapting
the power of wind for combat purposes.
People call these mages the Swift Masters.
The Swift Masters can agitate the air,
creating gales and storms to subdue their enemies.
They move as if they are riding the wind,
inspiring awe in those around them.
Gifted fighters, the Swift Masters think fast
and eliminate their enemies just as quickly with deadly grace.
Fast, agile and aerodynamic, the Swift Master controls the winds around him, striking enemies up close with slipstream speed, blasting strong gusts of air away or capturing foes within vacuums only to deal the finishing blow after.
- At level 50, the Swift Master awakens as a Tempest then at level 75, the Tempest awakens as an Aiolos.
- His subclass cosmetic effect has wind swirl beneath his feet as he levitates, and his run animation is replaced with constant gliding.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect are two miniature tornadoes swirling around him before merging into his being.
- 1 Becoming a Swift Master
- 2 Awakening as a Tempest
- 3 Awakening as an Aiolos
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Swift Master
- 5 New Skills
- 6 Original Class Skills
- 7 Media Content
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
Becoming a Swift Master
The Male Mage must first reach level 15.
- Complete the quest Fighting to Protect the Forest Fighting to Protect the Forest from the Grand Flores Epic Quest line.
Awakening as a Tempest
Right now a furious storm is raging outside. If it hits our city, then the entire city could be swallowed by darkness, and everything that it took us centuries to build could be destroyed in a matter of minutes.
This storm is not natural—it's a Tempest's handiwork! It shoots biting winds that spin fast, pushing everything away.
We're surprised by the scale of this storm that is as powerful as an act of God. We've been attacked before. We can be attacked again.
Soon the Tempest will come to collect his due.
The Swift Master must first reach level 50.
- Complete the quest Unending Foreboding from the North Myre Epic Quest line.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Swift Master must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Sharan in the West Coast Mage Guild.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as an Aiolos
What does the wind mean to us?
Most people think the wind is cooling
and that sometimes it heralds a storm.
To the ancients of Pandemonium,
the wind was an important phenomenon that decided their destiny.
The Swift Masters of Stormy Heights, where a wind blew at all times,
believed that the direction of wind decided the destiny of those
who were born during the wind.
This belief inspired the story, "Wind of Destiny," that
the Swift Masters tell their children.
"Those who were born during westerly winds live frugally and enemy-free.
Those who were born during southerly winds are vain and popular.
Northerly winds give birth to talented warriors while easterly winds grant wealth and fame.
Those who are born during the calm are Aioloses, the gods of wind."
People outside their community think this is just a fairy tale.
It's always windy in Stormy Heights, anyway.
The Tempest must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Swift Master
The one who suddenly appeared on the stormy hills was someone I remember seeing a long ago in my old memories.
He was not one to catch attention, but many stories would tell of him, and he had returned after so long.
With calm looks he passed the village and headed to the stormy hills, where wind blew the most.
And just sat there for a long time.
It was like he was trying to face all fates, taking the winds with his body.
I was so worried about him, I visited him every day.
As days passed more people began visiting him with me, and soon there were enough to fill the space under the valley.
But even with so many watching, his closed eyes did not budge.
And then the day came.
That day was different. Most people probably couldn't tell, but if you know even a tiny bit about the powers of the wind you would've noticed.
The wind that day was like a raging tempest.
The storm raged as if it would devour him, and when we began thinking he could get blown away at any moment...
All those eyes were looking at him, but he just disappeared.
And so did the winds blowing on the hills.
It was a place where the winds never stopped, but it was calm with not a single strand of wind, as if it had become the eye of a storm.
Everyone grew silent and looked around, when the winds began blowing again and everyone felt as if held breath was being released.
""Ah... this wind...""
And everyone let out a shout at the same time. I still can't forget that moment.
The wind cannot be seen, but anyone can feel it.
He was still out of sight, but he could be felt with the winds from all directions.
We'd seen those control the wind and call unto them, but not even legends spoke of those who'd become the wind itself.
We could hear the laugh of the one who had become the wind, and while it was arrogant it was not unpleasant.
When he appeared again a part of his hair turned white like feathers, as if he was boasting that he was one with the winds.
He looked down on us with such confidence, but it felt so natural that it was just his overflowing superiority.
After that he was called with many names.
The returned legendary god of wind, or a god of tempest.
But what does that matter?
He is worthy of the names of all winds in this world.
So would it not be enough to just call him 'wind'?
The Aiolos must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Swift Master Skills
Swift Master TP Skills
Swift Master Awakening Skills
Swift Master 2nd Awakening Skills
Swift Master Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Mage Skills
Male Mage TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Swift Master Trailer][Tempest Trailer][Aiolos Trailer]
- [Swift Master English Trailer]
- [Info and Concept Art] [2nd Awakening Concept Art]
- The Swift Master's theme and motif is based around Aerokinesis, with much popular examples being Airbending from the Avatar: The Last Airbender series.
- All of his Awakening costumes looks nearly identical to Judar's clothing from Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic.
- There is some special interactions if the player is a Swift Master:
- When entering Wind Canyon during scenarios for the first time, he'll say "This place looks windier than me...."
- Encountering Flying Jericho inside Fight Club will have him reply with "The wind is blowing on you too."
- His Global First Awakening, Tempest refers to a violent storm with strong winds.
- Overseas-wise and to differentiate the two, He shares Storm Bringer with the Female Launcher which would be given to her Global Awakening title.
- The Second Awakening Aeolus refers to the son of Hippotes who is a Greek God of Wind.
- This title shares a relation to the Rogue's second awakening title Alcyone, the latter title named after the daughter of Aeolus.
- Spiral Press - M.Bison's Psycho Crusher. (Street Fighter)
- Storm Strike - Ryo Sakazaki's Tenchi Haohken. (King of Fighters)
- Arakan the Tempest Lord - The name Arakan comes from the Sanskrit word for Rakshasa (राक्षस).
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|