Japanese: グラップラー (Gurappurā, lit. Grappler)
|Specialized Weapon||Gauntlets (Recommended), Tonfa|
|Specialized Armor||Light Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Intermediate
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: None |
Japanese: ジャイアント (Jaianto, lit. Giant)
|Alternate Names||Grand Master|
Korean: 그랜드 마스터 (Grandmaster)
|Alternate Names||Korean: 진(眞) 그래플러 (Jin Geulaepeulleo)|
|“||If I defeat the most powerful of your group, it means I defeat all of you.||”|
When male fighters appeared on Arad, where female fighters ruled dominant, there was a huge response. Many dojos for males popped up everywhere, as the craft became more popular. There were few though, that did not welcome the phenomenon.
Among those who were displeased were called the "Black Opal Gang," a nasty group that traveled from land to land and directly challenged any who were deemed skilled among their peers. Of course, always under the agreement that the losing gang would disband. Since the "Black Opal Gang" is still active, they appear to be undefeated to this day.
Because of this gang, many dojos shut down overnight, and numerous people became seriously injured. As the losses became greater, the government put the Black Opal Gang on a wanted list, but their travelling kept them free. This group did not challenge credible training centers with rich history, but those that accumulated a great material wealth, under the pretense of protecting the area. The Black Pearl Ring seized their wealth and redistributed it to the people. As they gained popularity for this modern-day "Robin Hood" act, their power grew daily.
Although they initially used techniques based on Suju fighting, they eventually came to develop more of a focus Grappling, a skill which was more useful since they mostly fought indoors. This technique eventually formed a new school, known as the "Black Opal Style." As this nefarious group is wanted by many governments, those who trained in this style, did so discreetly, and opted to call themselves Grapplers, much like the females who had mastered the technique far before the appearance of the Black Opals.
The Male Grappler is a Male Fighter who takes advantage of leverage and weight. The Grappler is adept at grabbing and throwing his opponents, oftentimes into other opponents. Rarely does he ever get hit, darting and jumping around erratically. Exceptional on 1 on 1 battle. Damages enemies in a limited range, but attacks are fatal when landed. Carries out skillful attacks and blocks enemy attacks with his energetic kicks.
- At level 50, the Grappler awakens as a Juggernaut then at level 75, the Juggernaut awakens as a Titan.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a white bandana wrapped around his head.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is a red and black flame that flares up from his back.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect is the Grappler releasing a burst of red and black energy around him.
Becoming a Grappler
The Male Fighter must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Juggernaut
|“||I'm the Juggernaut, Binoche!||”|
It was a devil...
We were many, but it was alone... Yet no one could stop it.
Everyone should be in regret as I am right now.
How shameful... The days I wasted thinking that I was a competent martial artist...
never truly devoting myself in training, but merely bragging...
I wanted to run away... But there he stood in front of the door.
Though his body wasn't huge, he felt like a colossal giant to me.
Running past him and going out the door seemed utterly impossible.
I'm just barely holding on, with my two shaking legs supporting me. Right now,
I can't even move a muscle. If my body moves, it will be by his hands.
But my body won't be the only thing that will be slammed to
His dignified self and pure passion for martial arts will slam my fake
character and pride... along with my shameful past.
When I heard his earth-shattering call, the only thing I could do was close my eyes.
The Male Grappler must first reach level 50.
Awakening as a Titan
|“||I shall leave no regret||”|
The Juggernaut must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Male Grappler Skills
Male Grappler TP Skills
Male Grappler Awakening Skills
Male Grappler 2nd Awakening Skills
Male Grappler Neo: Awakening Skills
Male Fighter Skills
Male Fighter Albert Quest Skills
Male Fighter TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Male Grappler Trailer] [Male Grappler English Trailer] [Male Grappler Gameplay]
- [Grand Master Trailer]
- The Male Grappler's theme also shares the same Jujutsu martial arts fighting style, but does not follow a pro-wrestling motif like his female counterpart.
- He will be a playable character in DNF Duel currently developed by Ark System works.
- Two of his Awakened Ones 2nd - Type B & Awakened Ones 1st - Type D costumes bear striking resemblences to Ken Masters & Ryu from the Street Fighter franchise respectively, the latter being his original SF1 appearance with red hair.
- A Juggernaught is a massive inexorable force, campaign, movement, or object that crushes whatever is in its path.
- A Titan can refer to the pre-Olympian gods that are depicted as giants or something immensively powerful.
- He would also share a overseas Grand Master title with the Blade Master's Nexon/Global First Awakening that would be changed to differentiate the two.
- Break Down - The RKO. (WWE)
- Wild Cannon Spike - His variation is similar to the Rider Kick, a signature finisher from Kamen Rider.
- Slam Kick - This would be seen during Male Fighter's cinematic when fighting against Itrenok.
- Focused Fury - Appears to be based upon Attack The Gas Station, a 1999 Korean crime-comedy film.
- Sole Bearer: Quaking Tiger - Super Robot Wars's Rising Meteor.
- Volcanic Dynamo - Azrael's Patriot Apocalypse. (Blazblue)
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|