|Alternate Names||Dimension Walker|
Korean: 디멘션 워커
|Base Job||Male Mage|
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Fixed
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: None |
Chinese: 虚空行者 (lit. Void Walker)
Chinese: 混沌行者 (lit. Chaos Walker)
Neo: Dimension Walker
Korean: 진(眞) 디멘션 워커
All mages dream of studying otherworldly entities in other dimensions, but unless they are equipped with something to protect themselves, the energy of other dimensions corrupts their minds and bodies, as proven by thousands of magical pioneers who were driven mad.
Some mages dedicate all their power of Abyss to protect themselves against this poisonous energy, and they are called the Dimension Walkers..
They handle the alien powers of other dimensions, and follow principles that no ordinary man can understand. Be careful when you are in their presence.
The madness that eats at their Abyss shield might get a hold of you.
The Dimension Walker is a peculiar sort, putting himself at risk to understand the power beyond dimensions. With the power of the Abyss, he is able to conjure entities from other realms and access powers from unknown dimensions.
- At level 50, the Dimension Walker awakens as an Divergent then at level 75, the Divergent awakens as an Ascendant.
- His subclass cosmetic effect has him flicking his wrist out before phasing out of view.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect creates a window of another dimension after phasing out of view.
- 1 Becoming an Dimension Walker
- 2 Awakening as an Divergent
- 3 Awakening as an Ascendant
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Dimension Walker
- 5 New Skills
- 6 Original Class Skills
- 7 Media Content
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
Becoming an Dimension Walker
The Male Mage must first reach level 15.
Awakening as an Divergent
Of all the classes offered at the Mage Society, his class is the least popular. One of the Dimension Walkers who are shunned by the rest of the society, he is as peculiar as the others of his ilk, and while the others seclude themselves from the rest of the world, too busy discovering facts about worlds outside this realm, he publishes theses and lectures at schools on a regular basis. But like I said, his class is so unpopular that only a few dimensional science nerds like me attend it. I don't think he hates us. We sure don't.
When he has no class or research project, he would sit at his favorite corner in the cafe in front of the school and drink something that I doubt is from the cafe's menu. Whenever he does, he strikes quite a pleasing image. Once I stopped walking and stared at him for a long time in spite of myself. Sometimes when our eyes meet, he would smile, and his smile is so otherworldly that I'm stunned for a moment, by the intensity of the creepiness that is his smile. When I found out he was also a famous adventurer, I got more interested in him, but I didn't get a chance to get to know him better. I found out about his sideline through the notice on the school bulletin board stating that he'd resigned as a lecturer to focus on his other occupation.
I caught him leaving the campus, and he was with a silver-haired girl. I assumed he was single. It seemed he wasn't. His companion had a charming, yet creepy mystique, just like he did.
They were bickering as they left. She was complaining about something wasting their time, and he was disagreeing with her, his face scrunched up in childish sulkiness that I'd never seen before. I was curious about their relationship. They could be boyfriend and girlfriend, or—who knows?—master and familiar. I doubt it's the latter case, though. Most people who try to control otherworldly familiars end up mad. Then again…
I can ask him about it when he returns, if he ever does. '''I'm on my way to a classroom, thinking about him.
The Dimension Walker must first reach level 50.
Awakening as an Ascendant
You can call me stupid.
You can tell me I'm being stupid and stubborn.
I don't care, even if you call me a bone-headed coward.
Just watching you live in content,
grateful that you're alive for one more day,
is good enough for me.
And that's why I can't accept this ugly, distorted reality.
Some mad entities, whose names I don't dare speak,
are toying with us,
ignoring our right to live in peace.
They’re trying to put an end to everything we love,
and yet you're none the wiser.
I have no choice but to walk my path,
wherever it leads—the bottom of hell
or a broken sky in another dimension.
I just have to walk, walk,
in between the precarious reality and the distorted truth,
until the Day of Ascent.
- Last journal entry by Dimensional Science Professor Ravin Shrews
The Divergent must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 60 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 150 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Dimension Walker
When I woke up, I felt… not very different from any other day. Did I just have a dream after so long? I just asked myself.
I was still feeling drowsy, but the pain in my right hand brought me back to reality.
When I moved my right hand, which was grasping onto the pen so hard that it was breaking, I could see the messy notes on the parchment.
It was certainly me who wrote these, but I could not understand them, so I tried to take a better look at them.
Nyarly appeared out of nowhere and covered it with her hands.
She was trying to hide it with her usual playful looks, but I could tell she was feeling quite nervous.
I did not complain about what she said, and even though she said not to look at it she did not take the parchment away from me.
Maybe, she didn’t even want to touch it.
And since then I couldn’t fall asleep for even a second.
The alluring voice did not stop. The voice tried to take me somewhere.
Even when I took an overdose of drugs, or drank myself to blacking out the voice would ring clearly.
The world’s beginning and the end are already determined, and it only flows towards the end.
Are you not curious about the end?
No! I am not! Just because death is the end of life, we don’t live wondering how death is!
Most people… don’t know about things like that.
Yes, your refusal… or acceptance are all predetermined.
So don’t worry. Do as you will.
If I do as the voice says, will things be better? If I face the end that the voice whispers… will I be free from this pain?
I want to end it all.
When I thought that way I lost all my senses. It was a space where I could not even tell whether my eyes were open or closed.
It was like sinking into bottomless waters.
The cold hurt my skin, but if I sink to the bottom… I felt like I could be in peace.
“... You idiot!”
Someone’s… voice? Familiar, but I can’t remember whose it is.
And in the space with only coldness, I could feel warmth.
“Close your eyes!”
Hearing her desperate voice I closed my eyes, and when I did, I opened them.
The calmest, yet rowdiest sensation disappeared, and the shabby ceiling came into my eyes.
And I could see the fragments of the world that I should not be seeing merging and flinching.
The past, the present and the future were distorting, and what they showed were the beginning of all moments and also the end of an instant.
Like being injected incomprehensive things, as my mind was giving away warm feelings covered my eyes.
When she closed my eyes I could no longer see the divergence. The amalgamation of all presents vanished, and only the present I’m standing in remained.
And what I could see between the fingers was…
“Not yet… don’t look at them. You’ll have to go someday but…”
She whispered with barely audible voice.
“Just a bit more…”
What are you saying? And what were those things I saw…?
“Use this from now on.”
It was… a spectacle that Nyarly put on me. As if she knew this moment would come, it was a perfect fit for me, and only then she moved her hand away.
The divergences could no longer be seen, and I could only see the worn ceiling and warmth on the back of my head.
“Uh, *cough*... This…”
“What? Is something wrong?”
I tried to get up with my face flustering but Nyarly’s hand gently pushed down my forehead.
Then she pushed her head into my sight.
“This isn’t too bad, you know? Should we do this sometimes?”
She smiled like nothing happened, but I could feel… that the days were running short.
The Ascendant must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Dimension Walker Skills
Dimension Walker TP Skills
Dimension Walker Awakening Skills
Dimension Walker 2nd Awakening Skills
Dimension Walker Neo: Awakening Skills
Dimension Walker Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Male Mage Skills
Male Mage TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- [Dimension Walker Trailer][Divergent Trailer][Ascendant Trailer]
- [Dimension Walker English Trailer]
- [Info and Concept Art] [2nd Awakening Concept Art]
- The Dimension Walker's theme and motif are heavily influenced by the works of H.P. Lovecraft that involves Lovecraftian horror & Cthulhu mythology.
- Ravin Shrews, who is featured in the Ascendant's lore, is derived from Professor Laban Shrewsbury, the main protagonist of The Trail of Cthulhu.
- The Level 15 passive, Mysophobia's flavor text implies that he has a fear of contamination and germs.
- The Korean First Awakening Irregular describes something that's unpredictable or uneven.
- Divergent refers to moving or extending in different directions from a common point.
- Ascendant can mean something or someone that's rising in power and influence.
- Each of the Dimension Walker's skills or specific passives tend to involve Outer Gods featured within the Cthulhu Mythos, including various creatures.
- Divergence: Forbidden Nyarly - Nyarlathotep, Commonly known as The Crawling Chaos with over 1000 forms.
- Divergence: Parasite Swarm - Shan, the Insects from Shaggai.
- Divergence: Indescribable Fear - While the skill's flavor text is derived from a well-known quote by Friedrich Nietzsche, the skill itself could be based on C'Thun from World of Warcraft.
- Divergence: Lullaby from Beyond - Ghroth the Harbringer.
- SSTH- His Second Awakening passive references Shining Trapezohedron, a mysterious artifact featured in a short story called The Haunter of the Dark which in turn communicates with one of Nyarlathotep's avatars.
- Chronicle Fragment - The 95 passive makes a reference to either the Necronomicon or the Akashic records that involves summoning Yog-Sothoth.
- Divergence: Beast of the Corner is based on a Hound of Tindalos.
- Dimensional Divergence: Collapsing Sanity is where Yog-Sothoth, another Outer God known as The Lurker at the Threshold is summoned from the Necronomicon.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|