Skill and Class Names
Not entirely satisfied with Neople's translations, I decided to try my hand at alternate skill and class names. This is just for fun.
- Demonic Slash->Shadow Slash
- Sword Barrier->Parry or Deflect
- Auto Deflect->Auto Parry?
- Counter Strike (Sword Master)->Riposte
- Elemental Shift (Sword Master)->Elemental Sword
- Oppressive Pressure->Oppressive Force
- Bleeding Blades->Blood Lash
- Offering for the Greedy->Mists of Avarice
- Shadow Hiding->Shadow Meld
- Shadow Clone (Dark Templar)->Shadow Wave
- Explosive Poison->Corrosive Tag
- Compact Explosive Poison->Corrosive Bomb
- Disease Queen - Poison Mine->Disease Queen: Minefield
- Flash Move->Flash Step
- Knee Kick->Knee Spike
- Lightning Leg Strike->Lightning Kick
- Moonlight Land->Moonlit Land
- Upgraded Poison Mine: Firelock->Upgraded Venom Mine: Firelock
- Elemental Resistance (Elemental Bomber)->Elemental Repulsion
- Sonic Move->Sonic Rush
- Wind Blaster->Wind Blast
- Full Throttle->Gale Highway
- Storm Quaker->Storm Quake
- Dimension: Silhouette->Dimension: Projection
- Divergence: Indescribable Fear->Divergence: Indescribable Horror
Male Priest Paladin->Deacon
- Rising Cut (Female Priest)->Rising Strike
- Vallacre Incarnation->Vallacre Incarnate
- Sharp Dagger->Sharpened Daggers
- Assassin's Attitude->Assassin's Mindset
- Dagger Throw->Tracking Dagger
- Deadly Dance->Reaper's Dance(old name in Kdnf)
- Fatal Blitz->Heart Extraction(old name in Kdnf)
- Shield Defense->Safeguard
- Defense Stance->Defensive Stance
- Elvish Jump->Elvish Leap
- Great Will->Great Volition
- Quick Summon: Vampire Children->Quick Summon: Vampire Child
- Aten Incarnation->Advent of Aten or Rays of Aten
- Dragon Fang (Dragon Knight)->Snap Dragon
Lightbringer->Paladin or Guardian Archangel->Sentinel
- Faithful-> Fidelity
- Demonic Lancer -> Lancer (more succinct)
- Long Lance->Pike (Idea from Gardios)
- Halberd->Glaive (Idea from Gardios)
- Beam Spear->Beam Lance
- Ankle Cut (Demonic Lancer)->Ankle Slash
- Change all mentions of "fairies" in Time Gate quests and Elven Knight lore to "elves"
Swift Master (Aerial revamp)
In keeping with the concept of a wind mage, Neople missed a thematic opportunity with making the Swift Master a class with an aerial friendly playstyle. These concepts below illustrate the possibility of a Swift Master with more aerial capabilities.
- Wind Strike: Pressing after the initial attack performs an uppercut that launches the user into the air.
- Teleport: Can be used in the air. Will always teleport to the ground regardless of whether used on ground or air.
- Wind Master: Increases movement speed. Increases Jumping Speed. Holding in the air maintains the Swift Master's altitude for a brief duration (the Swift Master can move on the X and Y axis at this time and maintain his altitude while performing basic attacks). Pressing allows the Swift Master to immediately dive to the ground, and keys pressed for backward and forward movement, otherwise a straight vertical dive down.
- Air Rebound (Proposed new Skill):While hitstunned in the air, the Swift Master can press to immediately recover his composure. Brief frame of superarmor when used. (cooldown of 15-20 sec?)
- Northern Wind:Can be used in the air.
- Sonic Move: Can be used in the air, and arrow keys enable the Swift Master to ascend and descend respectively, with and arrow keys allowing diagonal movement when used in conjunction. Cannot ascend past a certain altitude.
- Windiness: Increases movement, attack/casting speed(?), evasion (?), and/or jumping speed (?) for allies affected (Amount consistent throughout all levels or scales up to Level 20).
- Headwind:Can be used in the air. Maintains Swift Master's position in air when used. Does not draw enemies upwards.
- Wind Blaster: Can be used in the air. Holding when using the skill on the ground allows the Swift Master to rise into the air (ala Gunblade's Rainbow Shot or PT-15 Prototype). Directional keys affect angle in which it is fired in the air. Overall delay reduced.
- Twister: Upon hitting an enemy, draws in nearby enemies toward the twister before dissipating.
- Sweeping Wind: Can be used in the air. Hits enemies below the wind. Does not draw enemies upward.
- Eye of the Storm: Can be used in the air. Dives towards the ground as enemies are drawn in when used in the air. Direction of descent can be controlled by arrow keys. On both the ground and in the air simply tapping only draws in enemies and does not hold them, while holding down the skill key holds nearby enemies.
- Wind Blade: Can be used in the air. Holding when performing this skill in the air pushes the held enemy to the ground. Increases dashing distance when attempting to grab an enemy (both on ground and in air). Invincibility is maintained during a successful grab.
- Relentless Biting Wind: Can be used in the air. The Swift Master immediately dives to the ground to use the skill when used in the air. Enemies are drawn towards the direction the Swift Master is facing.
- Storm Strike: Can be used in the air. Can ascend both on the ground and in the air through pressing and descend from the air through pressing . Cannot be used to ascend past a certain altitude.
- Wind God's Power: Movement speed increase moved to Wind Master. Lowers the minimum altitude for aerial versions of skills so that they can be used during Backstep. Air dash can be used during Backstep.
- Vortex Hurricane: Can be used in the air. Allows the Swift Master to maintain his position in the air after the skill ends by holding down the skill key.
- Full Throttle: Increase damage to bring it in line with other skills. Make number of hits consistent throughout its area. Can be used in the air. Pressing when using the skill on the ground allows the Swift Master to ascend while pressing when using it in the air allows the Swift Master to descend. Both ascent and descent are diagonal. Canceling out of the skill allows its attack motion to continue.
- Storm Quaker: Can be used in the air. Immediately dives to the ground to use the skill when used in the air. Simply tapping the skill does not hold enemies (still gathers them) but holding it down will.
- Second Wind: Increases the duration the Swift Master can maintain altitude through holding and decreases the cooldown of Air Rebound. The Swift Master can no longer learn Leap, but in exchange has increased jump strength and speed.
- Spiral Press: Can be used in the air. When used in the air the condensed storm is always thrown downwards, with the and keys adjusting angle thrown. If it only hits the ground when used from the air the Swift Master will still dive downwards to attack. Holding down the skill key while the skill ends allows the Swift Master to maintain his position on the ground instead of somersaulting back into the air.
English Ideal Cast
In the unlikely event Neople decides to do English voice acting for the full game (and hoping it would be of quality) I decided to compile an ideal cast list for myself
- Male Slayer: Chris Jai Alex (?) or Ray Chase
- Female Slayer: Reba Buhr
- Female Fighter= Laura Bailey or Erica Mendez
- Male Fighter= Johnny Yong Bosch (real life shaolin kung fu blackbelt too)
- Male Gunner= Ian Sinclair
- Female Gunner= Erica Lindbeck (?)
- Female Mage= Faye Mata (?)
- Male Mage= Bobby Thong
- Nyarly= Alexis Tipton
- Male Priest= Patrick Seitz
- Female Priest= Cherami Leigh (?) Natalie Hoover (?) Brianna Knickerbocker (?)
- Thief= Laura Post (?) or Cristina Vee (?)
- Nicholas= J. Michael Tatum or Robin Atkin Downes
- Knight= Cassandra Lee Morris or Alexis Tipton (?)
- Demonic Lancer= Travis Willingham or Kaiji Tang (?)
- Gunblader= David Hayter or Fred Tatasciore
- Hilder= Cree Summer
- Kasijas, Giant Argos= Fred Tatasciore
- Bakal= Keith David
- Lotus= Tim Curry
- Delezie= Dee Bradley Baker
- Michael of the Holy Eye= Max Mittelman
- Ozma= Steve Blum
- Luke= Alan Tudyk
- Vaughn= Ben Diskin
- Siran= Liam O'brien
- Aganzo= Chris Parson
- Bwanga= Kevin Michael Richardson
- Iris= Rena Strober
- Canna= Sarah Anne Williams
- Faris= Jamie Marchi
- Loel= Patrick Warburton
- Albert Bernstein= Ricco Fajardo
- Lorianne/Red Witch, Flame Princess Stera= Jessica Dicicco
- Queen Maya= Kimberly Brooks
- Elder Saffron= Tim Curry
- Klonter= Keith Silverstein
- Alchemist Morgan= Todd Haberkorn
- Lady Kiri= Carrie Keranen
- Kargon= Orion Pitts (?)
- Captain Luther= Matthew Mercer
- Melvin Richter= Erik Scott Kimerer
- Ria Richter= Kira Buckland
- Becky, Mathias Nessman= Tara Strong
- Contamination Carina= Karen Strassman
- Niu= Julie Ann Taylor
- Iron-armed Princess Kalbarri= Erica Mendez
- Large-armed Prince Golgotha= Lucien Dodge
Paristo's Art Blog Original Art Director of DnF