Humanity Betrayer: Finver
Finver is a Demonic Lancer and formerly part of the De Los Empire who guards one of the Outposts during Fiend War. He was fascinated by the power of Cosmofiends as he handed Arad's information to them and made an oath of obedience. In return, he turned his back on humanity and has gotten what he wanted through the Fiends' power being equipped with a Fiend Venator Set.
- Red Aura: Upon entering Finver's room, he'll place a red aura around a random party member and will chase after them constantly using Vanguard's Smash & Crescent Slash to attack and knock them down. This will stay in affect at all times even when he activates each armor piece of Fiend Venator.
- Fiend Venator: Finver's main pattern. He'll push back party members, placing the Red Aura on someone random, and one of his armor pieces will begin to glow as he attacks the targeted player with an elemental move depending on which piece was activated:
- Nigellus's Superalloy: Using Impaler's Dark Ambition, Finver will jump up in the air and throws three dark javelins at the targeted player as they leave a encroached area similar to Dark Axion's Corrpution Pool that causes damage if they stand on it.
- Wiror's Steam: Using Skirmisher's Mesocyclone, Finver jumps over to whoever he targeted, knocks them down and performs an ice whirlwind that pulls in all players.
- Rubellus's Flame: He'll slam the ground with his lance and suctions in players by using a fire version of Vanguard's Dread Bore.
- Galvanus's Growth: Using Dragoon's Buffalo Fall, Finver charges at a targeted player five times with lightning strikes that leaves a trail in the position he was at. Either jump when he's performing this attack or use Quick Rebound to avoid being hit if knocked down.
- Nihilum's Other Space: When all five pieces of Fiend Venator are activated, Finver jumps into the middle spot of the map and summons Dragoon's Servant Lance of all four elements and starts bombarding random parts of the map. After 6 seconds goes by, he will jump into air and create a shockwave similar to Rosaura's Lightning Quake pattern and performs Dragon Slayer (Dragoon) as a final attack. Players should use Quick Rebound after the shockwave to avoid the attack, as being hit by it results in a instant kill.
After this, he will land back on the ground and enter his groggy phase, becoming vulnerable for 12 seconds. If not killed by the end of this time limit, he'll repeat his patterns.
- Finver is often considered the hardest of the three Outpost bosses due to his high defenses, HP pool, and difficult-to-avoid attack patterns.
- He can be damaged or held during his Fiend Venator patterns, but it's better to reserve your stronger skills and use sustained ones on him.
- Like any other boss that has a groggy phase, have the Crusader/Enchantress deploy Apocalypse/ Crux of Victoria/ Marionette and use your strongest skills on Finver when he's down.
- Depending on the strength of your party including a Crusader/Enchantress, it's actually possible to burst down Finver before he actually perform his berserk pattern.
- "In the end, humanity couldn’t accept me for who I am! But this power does and suits me well! Bhahahahahaha!"
- "Take this! It transcends all the humanly limits!" (Nihilum's Other Space)
- Fiend War (Boss)
- It's implied that Finver used to be a Vanguard before gaining new powers since he wields a Halberd.
- In foreign versions, he's called Pinwheel for two explanations:
- The petals can come in different colors, rainbow is the most common one befitting Fiend Venator and it's elemental variety.
- They also spin quite fast when reacting to wind which is relatable to the Lancer's skills that he uses.
- Finver might be a play on the word Finger and number 5.
- His intro dialouge suggests that he's breaking the 4th wall, possibly referencing Lancer's reception that was received upon release and shunned for being weaker than previous classes.