Retexturization is a process by which Level 95 epic armor items can have their armor type/texture (cloth, leather, light armor, heavy armor, or plate armor) changed, altering the base stats (STR/INT/VIT/SPR) and armor mastery eligibility without affecting the other bonuses given by the equipment. Retexturized armor pieces can still contribute towards the set effects of the original armor, but only if the texture of every armor piece matches one another.
For example, if a player is wearing 2 pieces of the Merciless Ruler Set that have been retexturized to leather, and 1 piece of the same set that has not been retexturized, the 3-piece set effects will not be applied. However, a player wearing 3 pieces of the Merciless Ruler Set that have all been retexturized to leather will have the original 3-piece set effects applied.
Armor can be retexturized from the Retexturization menu at NPC Strawberry Nose Della. Additionally, in the Retexturization menu, players may purchase Superior Cloth, Superior Leather, Superior Bone, Superior Paving Stone, Superior Iron, and Superior Hardener, the first five of which are required materials for retexturizing. The cost per piece of each material is 1,400 Gold plus either 1 Cloth Scrap, 1 Worn Leather, 1 Weathered Bone Fragment, 1 Raw Paving Stone, 1 Rusty Iron Scrap, or 1 Raw Hardener respectively.
Armor pieces from the following sets can be retexturized:
- Quilt of Night Lord Set (Harlem Epic Cloth Set)
- World of Circulating God-Beasts Set (Harlem Epic Leather Set)
- Armor of Hearteating Devil Set (Harlem Epic Light Armor Set)
- Merciless Ruler Set (Harlem Epic Heavy Armor Set)
- Guardian of Everlasting Frost Set (Harlem Epic Plate Armor Set)
- Cloudy Skies Set (Tayberrs Epic Cloth Set)
- Beauty of Eternal Seasonality Set (Tayberrs Epic Leather Set)
- Brightest Primordial Star Set (Tayberrs Epic Light Armor Set)
- Onslaught: Last Stand Set (Tayberrs Epic Heavy Armor Set)
- Five Brights - Lightbearers of Meaning Set (Tayberrs Epic Plate Armor Set)
There are two purposes to retexturization. The first purpose is to allow any character to utilize any armor set without sacrificing their class's armor mastery bonuses. The second purpose is to allow Crusaders and Enchantresses to obtain Crusader/Enchantress-specific bonuses from any armor set. Prior to Season 5 of DFO, most epic sets were at the very least viable on DPS and synergy classes, while Crusaders needed to hope for very specific epic drops from Hell Mode. In Season 5, Crusader/Enchantress-specific bonuses can be added to any armor set simply by retexturizing it to plate armor.
Retexturization requires the following materials per armor piece retexturized:
- 500,000 Gold
- 1 Legendary Soul
- 80 of one of the following items, depending on the desired armor texture:
Thus, the cost of retexturizing an entire armor set is:
- 2,500,000 Gold
- 5 Legendary Soul
- 400 of one of the following items, depending on the desired armor texture: