Pros and Cons
For more help deciding your character, the Class Comparison tables have side-by-side class and sub-class comparisons.
- Long ranged class (with 2 strong close-ranged subclasses)
- High Aoe (area of effect) damage
- Good Mobbing capability
- Lots of different skills and skill paths
- Very Low defense and HP
- Might need to spam MP pots
- Somewhat of a steeper learning curve than other classes
When you start off a mage you should focus on these main skills:
- Magic Missile
- Lantern Firebomb
- Hired Summon : Panzer Hodor
And depending on the situation/future build:
- Ancient Library
- Mana Shield
- Close combat related stats--HP, Strength, Moving Speed, etc--are the lowest out of all characters.
- Due to low physical defense and low stats, careless play will often result in instant death.
- However, possesses skills to successfully escape or maneuver in close-ranged combat.
- Certain attacks can be evaded easier than the other characters due to having a small hit box from being short.
- Normal melee combo goes up to 3. The combo itself changes if the user decides to become a Battle Mage.
- Magic related stats, however, is significantly superior to all other characters.
- Various magical AoE skills can be mastered.
- Heavily relies on use of skills in battle. It is recommended that you either carry a decent number of MP potions or equip gears with MP regeneration. Or you should lvl up Ancient Library.
- Not arguing the relevance of -Details- to the Mage, but I am arguing that the details are subjective. "Due to low physical defense and low stats, careless play will often result in instant death." This might be true of most people, but assume a highly proficient savant played the with mage characters only to find themselves without damage, nor the use of healing items. This is not due to care, but to hapless ability. Seeing the capacity for this (however slim), it becomes a point of reference issue, because your opinion (though sound as it might seem) is not the rule of law. Since this is a gaming site made by fellow gamers, you could decide to randomly interject your personal opinions as fact, but it does seem needlessly unprofessional. That, after all, is why there is a discussion board to begin with. Werty8472 04:09, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
Names of the skills
All the skill names with the Chinese characters do not have official English name to begin with. I don't know how the localizing firm will name them or rename the official ones. So this page should be on the watchlist to be edited as soon as the info on NA content is revealed.--Uchocobo 20:55, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
I made your Mage skill categories into subcategories of the Skills category and i am renaming Common to General, since I already had that --Zashi 21:44, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
According to item names and categories, I have replaced "Bo Staff" with "Stick" --Zashi 21:19, 27 May 2009 (UTC)