|“||When a stronger weapon is needed...||”|
Long ago, Suju developed a method for refining weapons.
The system depended on the power of the Dragon Brazier, which burns much hotter than other fires. The "Nen of the Blacksmith", also called Dragon's Energy,
must be blown into the Dragon Brazier to reach temperatures of over 2,000 degrees. This infuses the flame and energy of dragons into the metal. However, there is a chance this transfer can fail. It is not a lack of skill on the part of the blacksmith that causes this failure, but evil energy coming from the dragons' themselves. The blacksmith is never blamed.
Special materials, called Powerful Energy, are required to work the Dragon Brazier. The Suju royal court manages this energy and keeps it close, with one exception. When a tournament in the name of the Royal Court is held, those who do well are given Powerful Energy as a special reward. They can take that energy to the blacksmith and refine their items.
- Item Refinement is a system that increases the Independent Attack and Exorcism of your weapons.
- Refinement are mainly performed through Jun in the City of Shonan. Alternatively, Refinement can be performed by various means, such as a Guild Refinement Machine in the Guild Hideout or portable refiners collected in events.
- Take Powerful Energy to Jun to have him use the Dragon Brazier to Refine your weapons.
Item Refinement Effects
- A weapon can be refined up to 8 Stage refining, regardless of what Reinforcements/Boosts are already on the weapon.
- When successful, the weapon’s Independent Attack increase. The more you refine the weapon, the more these stats increase.
- As of Season 6, Act 06. Sirocco the Intangible, refining a weapon will also provide a STR/INT/VIT/SPR boost for Buffer classes only.
- There is no weapon destruction. If refining fails, the item’s level will not decrease and the Powerful Energy will be consumed regardless.