Leave a message.
In fact I think I'll get that over with as it should be quick and simple
- Thanks for your concern, but you do not have to change or rush your priorities. The M.Mage page isn't necessarily a top priority, in my opinion. It would be one of the last pages I would personally update due to a lack of interest compared to other classes. I'm just updating the data due to the lack of present information. By the way, I've seen your work. Keep up the good job.--Altair (talk)
- Thanks for the praise, though going out of my way to do M.Mage isn't a big deal, just two classes and it would have been something I'd do sooner or later.--Fishman46 (talk) 19:07, 3 March 2015 (PST)
- I've finished the M.Mage ones in case you want to use them in your edits.
Removing old skill tables
- Cool. I've already been doing that to clean up pages. I only delete the tables if the data is extremely outdated and if I can't use the table as a foundation for the new one. Oh yeah, right now in Beta you can manually reset your SP for free, so people can experiment with builds. I hope wiki-ers can update the skill pages really soon. :) --Altair (talk) 11:10, 24 March 2015 (PDT)
There is a tool that allows wiki-ers to get images and other things, which I am not at liberty to discuss here. Do you mind adding an email to your account so I can send you some info? --Dfoplayer (talk) 08:30, 14 April 2015 (PDT)
EDIT: Of course, if you can catch me on the IRC, I can tell you as well. I'm usually on after
- Actually, I'll pass on the offer. Thanks for your consideration though. --Altair (talk) 13:52, 14 April 2015 (PDT)
I uploaded three additional Banners earlier. You can find them in the talk page of the Arad Explorer Club Page and move them I have no knowledge on them since I ripped them and uploaded it. -Mikaya The Lazy (talk) 14:29, 21 April 2015 (PDT)
Hey, been using your skill tabs as reference for several skills and been thinking; should we keep it as PvE/PvP or keep consistent with in-game text and use Dungeon/Arena? Like with Quantum Bomb --AradEditGuy (talk) 13:20, 3 June 2015 (PDT)
- Actually, changing the tab names to Dungeon and Arena would probably be the better option for clarity. Good call. It's just I didn't see any skill variations for Battle Zones, Faction Wars, Town Invasions, Raids or Towers; so I just categorized them as PvE. Of course that is still up to debate since most of these functions are disabled in BETA at the moment. As of now, tabs are a temporary thing until a better alternative to categorizing skill growths is found in the future. --Altair (talk) 16:57, 3 June 2015 (PDT)
- Yeah that makes sense. I guess I'll just continue with the tabs and like you said, we can just migrate to whatever categorization choice is made in the future. --AradEditGuy (talk) 18:06, 3 June 2015 (PDT)
- fyi there are some skills with battlezone and raid data already in the game. |manteau has battle zone for example.
- the skill templates also use dungeon, arena, tower because of this (i should probably add battlezone and raid at some point) ～dfmchfhf (T·C) 02:46, 4 June 2015 (PDT)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|NPC/Dungeon/Lore/Class Navigation Templates||1||09:14, 16 September 2018|
|Gallery slideshow||4||21:54, 22 May 2016|
|NPCDialog template||3||17:24, 18 May 2016|
Due to the inconsistency between NPCs and Dungeons pages with different ways of formatting location, we have a few ways of looking at this.
- 1. We can use semantic wiki to generate the majority of the pages. For the ones that did not appear in the list, we manually add the missing ones to the nav template.
- A downside with this approach is that in the future, editing the nav templates could lead to confusion as we might forget how the list is generated. It could also be more work trying to update the list.
- 2. I think the reasonable solution is to just go with a manual navigation template. You have parts of it completed already.
- Sorry for telling you my findings in like 3 weeks. Was a long investigation. :S
You can see all the errors here. Special page "Processing error list"
The same applies to class skills. From the error list above, some skills have invalid min required level, which prevents the property from being created. When sorting, the skill will not show up in the result list. The most prevalent classes are male/female with different required levels, Explosive Hook or Flame Pillar Upgrade.
If we do not sort, then the semantic query will have the same result as the old ClassSkills template.
Hey, no problem.
I don't mind going for the reasonable solution.
As for the skill list, I've checked the Flame Pillar Upgrade in-game and noticed that the level requirement has changed to 50 for both genders. As for Explosive Hook, I'm not sure; I don't have a Brawler for either gender at the moment. I was planning on making them later, but I guess I can make them now. Anyway, I'll do an extensive check for any more of these skills on the wiki and let you know what I find.
Besides the huge margins on left and right side, it looks pretty good. User:Dfoplayer/EtchASketch It's possible for me to make it smaller, I'll have to think about the offsets.
What do you think?
Thanks for your hard work. I don't have any issue with the margins.
Although, I do have one issue. The banner template makes it so it makes Image size is set to 200px. Is there an argument to increase the Size of the image in the slider?
Anyway, I originally intended the Image Slider to be used for the Intro Comics. I put an example of it in my User page, how does it look?
I see what you mean by 200px size. That does look small. Yes, I can make some changes. I will also add a height parameter so that we have more options in the future.
Hey Altair. What do you think about the NPCDialog template? It is currently used ONLY in Job Advancement Quests - the Awakening quests in particular. Should we use it everywhere else? It does look nice, but maybe it would take up too much space for multi-NPC dialogs. But the fact that we ONLY use it in Awakening Quests and nowhere else right now is bothering me. And the fact that the Awakening quests are default hidden; is that necessary?
In my opinion, we should put the NPC's icon in front of their names in front of their names, so the format would match how it looks like in the quest log in-game after one accepts the quests. But I guess I'm waiting for someone to eventually make some sort of "NPC link" template and semantics whatever so that it can act like Monster link does right now.
What's your opinion on this?
Yeah. About eight months ago, we had discussed the same thing. It does look nice, but when you consider some quests have multiple NPCs talking, it may become a bit long like you said. We also have to consider special class specific quest dialogue as well, which may become repetitive and tedious since I don't have all the classes. Also some NPCs tend not to have portraits either...
As an alternative, I recall we referenced this page, Beginning an Adventure to base off the template.
I'm for it, since it takes away from the text pure blandness. However, we need more opinions other than our own. We should ask around, especially Gardios and Dfoplayer. If anything, we can use it after the quest pages are done. Space isn't necessarily an issue, since we can always hide the text like in Vilmark - Area 50 (Epic Quests). I'll ask Kalkervic to help me out with the Briefing and Upon Completion Dialogue again to help speed up the process.
"And the fact that the Awakening quests are default hidden; is that necessary? " Yes, otherwise the page would be WAY too long. Kind of like the WikiUpdates/Archive page.
Everspace apparently wanted to standardize the format of NPC dialog, but I guess he never got around to finishing it and worked on the skills project.