The following is a concise manual for those new to wikis.
What is a wiki?
- For an in-depth description on wikis, consult Wikipedia.
- A wiki is a website that uses wiki software, allowing the easy creation and editing of any number of interlinked Web pages, using a simplified markup language or a WYSIWYG text editor, within the browser. Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites and to power community websites. The collaborative encyclopedia Wikipedia is one of the best-known wikis.
How do I get around?
- On your left is a navigation toolbox containing links to various places.
- Above are tabs reserved for contributors.
- The Main Page will cater to most of your needs with major articles, and from there you may travel down to smaller, specialized articles.
- Use the search box, as it will prove incredibly helpful in finding articles.
How do I help?
- To create or edit articles, you must sign up.
- To edit articles, click on the 'edit' tab at the top.
- To learn the appropriate codes for formatting pages, you may use this cheatsheet.
- For general directions and our wiki policy, learn how to get started.